Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Dead Reckoning - '87 K5 Blazer Off-Roader Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road
Default Project Dead Reckoning - '87 K5 Blazer Off-Roader Project

OK I just Realized I never made a build thread for the K5 so here it is XD
Anyway a brief History:

I picked This Truck up at a local Car lot for $995 back on October, altho defiantly hurt but has potential so it is worth it.

I had to let it sit for a bit as Christmas was coming up and the other BLazer was acting up so a few weeks ago I finally got to start working on it Replaced the driver's side hub as it was not working right and put a radio in it. and that was it for a week.

However Yesterday I started on the Truck hard as off-roading season is coming up and I want it to be ready so here we go lol: on Sunday I pulled the headliner and started to find screws to replace all the screws missing off the body trim.

Tonight, however is the biggest change so far, I got a Winch bumper from a '78 2500 off of Craigslist and after a little bit of modification It was installed:

tomorrow I start gutting the interior to fix the floors

Last edited by Biohazed; 03-08-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:11 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Can't wait to see the progress on this one . Love the name of the project too btw. Great choice!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice find for 1000 bones.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

The truck looks clean.............nice pick up for that price...........I'm liking that bumper too.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

a grand?!? why the hell can't i find anything like that-clean or rotted-around me?!?

it's gonna look killer as a bush truck when you're done, & that new front bumper really helps.

like Alex said, cool project tilte.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

She has some rot no as bad as most I have seen when I was looking for one it's got the usual Rocker Panel rot and a few holes in the floorboards but all and all not too bad should be tackling the bodywork this weekend, Biggest issue I have is the Tailgate .. the rails are shot and the hinges are bent so I really need to find a new gate for it, also will be mounting up the Hella 500s which I'm probably mounting them right to the bumper like I see on the Cherokees alot lol

Last edited by Biohazed; 03-09-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice lookin' truck! Definitely a nice price too. Much better than others have done for much worse of a condition. I really like the old school winch bumper as well! It blends in quite well!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
NewFirstGen is on a distinguished road

$995.00, what gun did you rob the dealership with?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

yea no kiddin, i paid 2000 for my pile of a project. i'd double check your floor panels too. i thought my back ones were fine. well take a look at my build. needless to say they were not. complete floor panel restoration.

nice looking truck

Old 03-09-2010, 10:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
much better than others have done for much worse of a condition.

zing!

Quick Reply: Project Dead Reckoning - '87 K5 Blazer Off-Roader Project