Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Meh, can't use a bike for a few months yet, may as well buy a cheap thing for the Blazer while you are using it.

Wait, just noticed you're in Utah. Not sure how cold it gets there, but if it's remotely cold enough to not ride a bike, then my statement stands.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:39 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the compliment.
It's been right around 30 here lately. I've been looking at bikes and I have $1500 for one, I just thought it might be nice to have extra $$$. But you make a good point that I won't be riding it very soon.
I need a new intake because the PO decided to put a specter cone filter on the end of the stock intake and it looks retarded. Not to mention that the cone doesn't fit well because the end of the stock intake is rubber, and the end of the filter is rubber. So the hose clamp doesn't hold it on very well.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:40 PM

Seems like the best argument you could possibly have to buy a new one then.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Dang you, you convinced me.(although it didn't take much) I got it, it'll be here sometime next week.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Sweet! (now buy me one!)

Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran

It won't fit on yours.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Good point.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have added to my previous post that if your current intake is garbage, then by all means replace it with something that is better. On my previous blazer my air filter housing was all cracked to hell by the previous owner and it did not seal any longer. I replaced mine with an eBay unit and had no complaints. If the stock one would have been in better shape I would have just kept it though.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah mine didn't seal with the rubber on rubber connection. (Sorry if that sounds a little dirty.)

Old 01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
BF Veteran

Ok so last night I got my T10 green leds in for my gauges.

It's a little hard to tell with the glow gauges, but now I will be more willing to do the tach swap (if I ever get time to go to the junkyard. )
I also put two in my rear map lights and put two more high power leds in my dome light just because I had them laying around. But for some reason the dome lights will not light up now for some reason. I'll try to fix it soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.