Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Road Warrior Build (Sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

Guess I also need to solve this issue https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine...60/#post666970

Old 07-12-2016, 06:13 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

The hitch looks good with the rust removed. I think I am going to take mine off and wire wheel the whole thing it shoot it with black hammer finish. I also want to play around with a new location for my rear view camera.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Starting Member

Yeah definitely improves the overall look of the vehicle having just those simple things derusted.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Starting Member

Well I killed another wiper motor, this time in the rain is when I found it. However it isn't a weak wipe, its stripped gears I think or a seized shaft. Regardless this motor is still under warranty and is getting covered, so pulled that sucker out this evening, boxed it up and sent it off for replacement. I'm getting really good at this wiper replacement, got pulling it out down to less than a 5 minute task after all the practice I've had over the last few years.

Also disassembled the driver side rear door, to try and find the source of the sharp rusty metal part that has been sticking out since I had my interior panel puller out still. Fond that it was part of the seat that the window sits in had rusted and bent up, so I went in there with a pair of tin snips and removed the stray piece that was causing the issue since the rest of the rail looked in good shape.

Also picked up a fuel filter this evening (haven't installed it yet) since that just occurred to me as being the cause or at least contributor to the issues I've been having with the RPM jumping. I haven't yet changed it since owning the vehicle and I've had it 6 years and for almost 50,000. If nothing else, it should be changed anyway, so I'll have to do that at some point when I'm feeling like crawling under the car.

Otherwise, my painting project has come to a halt as I haven't had a day off to actually get out there and start stripping paint from the affected areas to start painting again.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:32 AM

fuel filter is very easy on these. Just make sure you depressurize the system first.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:31 PM
Starting Member

Yesterday in my quest to solve the surging RPM issue, I changed the Fuel Filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor along with the throttle body while I was at it.

Unfortunately no avail, the surging issue is still present as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6U...ature=youtu.be

The cleaning before and after. Unfortunately hard to get a light set right so you could see down inside.

Attached Thumbnails Road Warrior Build (Sort of)-img_20160717_175920849_hdr_zps2puhyury.jpg   Road Warrior Build (Sort of)-img_20160717_181058278_zpshbsv3cof.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Starting Member

I can't believe I forgot to post my fall update before the winter lull here.

Guess I have lots to do when I get home
And unfortunate news to share with it too

Old 02-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
DARK1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
is that the Torque app? I can't get it to communicate with my blue tooth OBDII device.
I just picked up a nice Sony Radio, CD, MP4 & Blue Tooth unit last week at Wally World. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I'm thinkin' I should swap it with a car audio double din like the two you guys are showing here.

It looks like all my cluster info as well as a whole lot of data I need to put my OBDII Can scanner on to see.. I have a '96

Can you guys recommend a brand or model to look for?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:30 AM

It depends on what you are looking to do. If you want a touch screen android model like we have I am rather please with my auto pumpkin brand. Especially since I upgraded the software a few months ago.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:44 AM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

I could never get those touch screens to work right for me. I've always just stayed with pioneer simple head units and have been super happy. My latest head unit is the mvh-8700 bluetooth series i believe

Quick Reply: Road Warrior Build (Sort of)