Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Tire carrier time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road
Default Tire carrier time!!!

ok, so im going to start this thread for when i do mire carrier this weekend, ill do my best to keep picture through the steps, i've gotten everything i need so far other then mounting bolts.

instructions on how to install, recevied from blazer forum fellow members
tire carrier, received from scrap yard, 20$ (CDN)
chevy blazer, bought 2 years ago, 1500$ (CDN)

i will be doing the project this coming weekend hopefully, but for now, i will put up pictures of before and propped up to give an idea of the look.

Attached Thumbnails Tire carrier time!!!-blazerrear2.jpg   Tire carrier time!!!-blazerrear1.jpg   Tire carrier time!!!-tirecarrier2.jpg   Tire carrier time!!!-tirecarrier1.jpg  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I have considered doing this but it makes me nervous to drill into the body of my Blazer.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:04 AM
BF Veteran

the wife and I were the same way. but as long as you seal it up, there wont be any issues, just gotta remember, measure 6 times and drill once lol. ill be doing it on Saturday so hopefully everything goes smoothly

Old 03-01-2017, 09:51 AM
LoneWolf71 is on a distinguished road

Does yours not have the underside tire mounting in the back?

Old 03-01-2017, 11:52 AM
BF Veteran

Yes sir it does. But unfortunately because of the age and lack of usage, the cable snapped. To order a new one from gm ur looking at about 150 Cdn. So instead I reside to go upon doing this, plus it'll remover any need of having to crawl on the grown for the tire and having to replace it again in 3 years.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Yes sir it does. But unfortunately because of the age and lack of usage, the cable snapped. To order a new one from gm ur looking at about 150 Cdn. So instead I reside to go upon doing this, plus it'll remover any need of having to crawl on the grown for the tire and having to replace it again in 3 years.
I got a decent one from the u-pull it for like $9.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:01 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I've been debating doing this to my S10 pickup. It's a little funky looking, but with a truck cap it looks alright!

Old 03-01-2017, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran

Ours around here are all flat on the ground with no clearance. They will pick it up for you to get something but they won't pick it up to check first.... It's either that or nothing unless it's absolutely dead with nothing to do. It'll cost me about 15$ at the scrappers, but I'm gambling on how long it'll last, if it's any good, and if my tire is gonna fall off while I'm driving. I never really liked them down there anyways... Plus doing this, it opens my possibility of putting the gas tank from a zr2 in its place. I live my road trips lol.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:29 PM
BF Veteran

Craig, I googled one and saw it on a 4 door s10 I thought it looked great with the cap on the box.... Plus it's so much more convenient.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 AM
LoneWolf71 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Understood, I just think it would get on my nerves having a lot of my rear vision blocked by a tire. lol

Quick Reply: Tire carrier time!!!