The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

need a decal designed

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Starting Member
FOGEL is on a distinguished road

sounds good to me

Old 12-02-2010, 04:28 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Are you using lasso or pen tool? Pen tool would really clean that up if you used lasso.
I used lasso and then an edge sharpen filter. I had it feathered but in order for the guy to cut the decal out he'll have to vectorize it. I learned my lesson with the Jeep Recovery Team decals, seeing as Luis spent more time trying to vectorize the damn thing than anything.

I'll have to try the Pen tool...

Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Tracing the shapes with the pen tool leaves them in a vector format, directly transferable to Illustrator. PM me or give me your AIM name and I'll share some tips I learned if you're interested.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Unfortunately I don't have AIM... must be an american thing

PM sent.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

http://how.todesignyour.com/vector-tracing-pen-tool

Pretty good tutorial. Basically everything I would have said except it's visual.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Just sketched this up for the hell of it. If you like it I can transfer it to a stencil on the computer. I was bored and didn't have anything else to do.. .I was drawing my tattoo so I was in a drawing mood. lol

Attached Thumbnails need a decal designed-c360_2010-12-04-13-05-14.jpg  
Old 12-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Starting Member
FOGEL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Just sketched this up for the hell of it. If you like it I can transfer it to a stencil on the computer. I was bored and didn't have anything else to do.. .I was drawing my tattoo so I was in a drawing mood. lol

if ya could do that it would be cool i would just have to clean it up a lil bit to make it printable

Old 12-04-2010, 06:08 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah I can make it super simple no prob... I just started adding detail and stuff cause i was bored.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
BF Veteran

Is that just a picture of what you drew? Take it without the flash Kayla, it'll help keep from blowing the contrast out. If you want I can take that into Photoshop after and turn it into something cuttable

Old 12-10-2010, 11:39 PM
BF Veteran

That looks really good. I havn't had time to tackle the Pen tool yet lol

Quick Reply: need a decal designed