The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Paint my rims black?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:49 AM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road
Default Paint my rims black?

Hey just wondering if anyone could show me what my stock GMC wheels would look like black. or even if someone had a white jimmy with stock GMC wheels painted black. if theres anyway you could use the picture in my signature?

Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Beginning Member
Simnut is on a distinguished road

Got a couple done for you, but it seems photobucket is not working at the moment. I will post as soon as I can!

This one is not YOUR truck, but a similar one....
Name:  df54e6cf.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  112.5 KB

And this is yours...of course..you know that! lol

Name:  71331f86.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  174.8 KB

Last edited by Simnut; 08-23-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
MushMy4.3 is on a distinguished road

I have the same stock gmc rims as you and i'm looking to do the same thing, i think i might want to paint the gmc logo's in the center caps a different color too but i haven't decided yet, i'm going to paint them sometime next week ill post some pictures... if you decide to do your id definitely like to see the pics

Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM

Thanks simnut! that looks pretty sweet! im definitely considering it. Yeah Mush let me know if you do yours! id love to see some pictures on this thread if you do them and i would probably keep the GMC in the center caps red or maybe white for the white truck. if i decide to do them soon ill post the pics here.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JRP22
Thanks simnut! that looks pretty sweet! im definitely considering it. Yeah Mush let me know if you do yours! id love to see some pictures on this thread if you do them and i would probably keep the GMC in the center caps red or maybe white for the white truck. if i decide to do them soon ill post the pics here.
That was more of a gunmetal grey, not black too.

I think black would looks pretty good on your truck. I like that gunmetal colour too, it's a good look.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Starting Member
Dadatone is on a distinguished road

Or, you could go urban...

Attached Thumbnails Paint my rims black?-71331f86a.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 PM

Yeah me too ranger, i think your blazer is sweet. ive always liked that thing since the first time i saw it. im sure Im one of many who have told you this. haha Dadatone that doesnt look half bad! haha

Old 09-04-2012, 12:38 AM
MushMy4.3 is on a distinguished road

I went out and bought some wheel paint and i should have the pictures up tomorrow if everything goes according to plan

Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JRP22
Hey just wondering if anyone could show me what my stock GMC wheels would look like black. or even if someone had a white jimmy with stock GMC wheels painted black. if theres anyway you could use the picture in my signature?
A guy I used to work with had a white eXtreme with the black powder coated factory wheels. I know that's a whole different look though. He didn't have the visor over the windshield and the running boards below the doors. He also didn't have any chrome on his. It looked sweet though. If it were me I'd just leave it the way it is but that's just my opinion. It's your vehicle and I think you should do what you think looks good.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM
jpfigg50 is on a distinguished road

I have a 94 2dr 1st gen blazer with Camaro 15in wheels and I'm thinking of painting them black as well. Mine is also White and im a big fan of the white and black look!!!!!

Quick Reply: Paint my rims black?