Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

back bumper plastic.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Raptor liner. Also did the front bumper and rockers. Pics should be in my album.
just saw the pictures...they came out great. gonna have to try that.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Raptor liner. Also did the front bumper and rockers. Pics should be in my album.
Any important prep you did? Want to bedline mine as well.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by truc.karl
Any important prep you did? Want to bedline mine as well.
Tape off the area you want to spray, cover up everywhere else you don't want to spray and then scuff up the area to be sprayed. I believe I used 150 grit sand paper. Make sure you scuff every square inch. 98% of the job is in the prep, spraying is a piece of cake. Once you are done scuffing an air hose is your best friend to blow all of the dust away. A quick wipe down with a damp CLEAN rag, a bit of dry time and you are ready to spray.

Do not try to spray it on thick in one coat. Multiple coats for thickness are better than trying to do it with one coat. Practice first on a piece of cardboard to get the distance of the gun to the surface being sprayed to get the "roughness" you want. Also, figure out the air pressure that will work for what you want.

This is really easy, just remember the better your prep the better the results will be. Mine has been on for over four years now (I think) and it still looks great without any peeling or chipping.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:49 AM
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

I redid all my trim using rustoleum's bumper spray.

Cleaned it first then i used Dupli's clear adhesive promoter for plastic, 2 coats.

Sprayed it over with the Trim and Bumper spray paint and it looks like it's brand new. Unlike having to use trim restoring creams.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:59 PM

i just sprayed mine with rustoleum enamal spray. damn what a difference. love the gloss black look.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:57 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

I took mine off was doing a full body paint job anyways and the bumper did have rust in where the plastic and bumper sits ( dirt - water = mud = mud takes longer to dry out = rust

I sandblasted the bumper and used a rust acid spray for any pinholes

As for the plastic I used a automotive Trim paint and clear which i also used on the door handles and Mirrors and roof rack and front bumper They all came out better then factory ..Make sure you use a Red 3M scratch pad and scuff the part before painting and clean it too

Old 11-21-2014, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by moosehauler05'blaz
I took mine off was doing a full body paint job anyways and the bumper did have rust in where the plastic and bumper sits ( dirt - water = mud = mud takes longer to dry out = rust

I sandblasted the bumper and used a rust acid spray for any pinholes

As for the plastic I used a automotive Trim paint and clear which i also used on the door handles and Mirrors and roof rack and front bumper They all came out better then factory ..Make sure you use a Red 3M scratch pad and scuff the part before painting and clean it too
good advice, i quickly did mine and its starting to show, i will have to pick up the 3m red scratch pad probably when it starts getting warmer out, which is a little bit away LOL