Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

how do i safely remove decals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:07 AM
flipzat is on a distinguished road
Default how do i safely remove decals

my friend bought a blazer with flame like wavy decals on the truck what is the best way to remove it with out damaging paint?

Old 11-27-2009, 08:51 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

3M makes some brilliant adheisive remover but don't get it on plastic

I'd take a heat gun or hair dryer(I used this) and heat it up so get it off. then use the 3M to remove the rest. Like I said it ruins plastic by adding white stuff, like someone took a white spray paint can to it.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:29 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

yeah, used to detail cars and we would heat them with a hair dryer then peel them off. you can also buy plastic razor blades. i used to use metal ones after i got realllly good. its possible to do it without messing up the paint but if its your first time on a new truck i wouldnt mess with it.

first try peeling them off, never know if they havent been on there long they may just come right off

Old 11-27-2009, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Razor blades work amazing if the decals are on the windows/glass, but you run the risk of ruining the paint if you use real metal razor blades on the paint.
The more heat you use generally the easiest they will come off. Depending on how long the decals back been in place they may come off really easy.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I used the hair dryer on my pinstripes and the 3M spray to remove that sticky stuff that was left

Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Beginning Member
BonestockZR2 is on a distinguished road

Ugh, I had those gay flames on mine when I bought it. Use a hair dryer/heat gun and they will start peeling. Then I used gas on a rag to clean the remaining adhesive off of the paint. you could also use goo-gone.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I also used a hair dryer to get my ZR2 decals off. Then used some rubbing alcohol to get the sticky off.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road

heat gun, scrapper with ducktape on the metal scraper,goo-gone its a done deal.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

goo gone FTW. It's amazing stuff.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM
flipzat is on a distinguished road

thanks guys my heat gun worked wonders, it looks sooo nice with out them decals on. the funny part is i never had to use any fluid after as there was no glue let on it a hot rag worked thanks again im so pleased how my truck looks now

Quick Reply: how do i safely remove decals