Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

HOW TO: Oxidized Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when I get a chance, I want to look to see if I have a copy of that thread in my email somewhere. Just haven't had a chance yet. Other priorities and all.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I'm make a new one my new toys come today so Ill be doing some detailing. Plus the original pictures were lost.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
stealthblazer546 is on a distinguished road

toothpaste......

Old 04-30-2010, 02:08 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...LAID=124904885

they make a few products for this. Plastx by meguiars works well.
permatex head light lens restorer is the best out of the 3.

for a quick fix brake fluid .

Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned
michaelross is on a distinguished road

I agree with you on that radiokid. Nothing works better than that. For me its really worth it. Nothing beats permatex headlight restorer.

Last edited by michaelross; 05-04-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Beginning Member
tireman1554 is on a distinguished road

I've tried all of them. Nothing works better than PlasicX. After the restorer fades and turns yellow, you will go back to PlasticX.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:41 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i just picked up the 3M kit yesterday.

really need to do the Buick (they almost look as bad as the mid '90's Taurus ones!). i'm just gonna give the ones on the Blazer a light buffing, to get rid of some of the scratches.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I used the 3m kit on my girlfriend's car recently. Comes with sandpaper, buffing wheel, and some polishing compound. It worked very well. I was definately surprised. I would definately recommend using an electric drill though- if I tried to use the cordless I would have had to stop 20 times and charge the battery!

Old 01-02-2011, 04:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 95Jimmy
I used the 3m kit on my girlfriend's car recently. Comes with sandpaper, buffing wheel, and some polishing compound. It worked very well. I was definately surprised. I would definately recommend using an electric drill though- if I tried to use the cordless I would have had to stop 20 times and charge the battery!
i finally got around to doing the lights on the Buick about 4 weeks ago. man, what a difference! while i had mentioned in another thread on this subject about the one small short coming of the 3M kit, i'm still gonna buy another one when i freshen-up the ones in the Blazer this Spring.

as for the electric drill usage...........DEFINATELY REQ'D!!!

it's a damn good thing my cordless came with 3 batteries, cause i went through all of them. twice!

but that's ok, it gave me a chance to relax between all the charging. (RPITA holding the lights between your leg while sanding/polishing them)

Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

i use 3m finesse-it II with a wool pad on my buffer and get great results that last it also works well on dull door mirror housings and tail lights. i buffed the blazer yesterday and buffed the haze off the taillights and went over the headlights as well.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Oxidized Headlights