Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

need opinions on waxing

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default need opinions on waxing

ive been trying a few paste waxes. ive found my favorite because of its long lasting is turtle wax ice synthetic paste. what are the pros and cons of hand waxing vs DA systems. also what's everyone using?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

ok ill answer this one as im a professional detailer for over 12 years now. ive learned alot of tricks. if u want to make ur truck shine like crazy and last for along time here is the steps u need to do. first is wash ur truck with good wash mit and good soap that lathers alot of suds. when truck is washed rewash it and use clay to remove any road film and debree from the paints surface and rinse throughrly. after it is dry u have 2 options here. u can use a hand action or u can use a small buffing wheel depending what u wanna get ur truck to. if u have scratches i reccommend the da buffer and use a light cutting compound cream to remove the scratches or u can use a polishing pad and use some good polish with swirl remover and buff the truck til it shines. after that is done use a good wax that is easy to take off cuz the polish will still be on the truck and u need a lasting wax that works. the paste wax is good but a bitch to remove and its harmful in the sun rays. i reccomend miguiars next gen tech wax it has good properties in it or mothers. find a good durable wax with carnuba in it. u can wax the vehicle how ever many times u see fit to protect the paint from acid rain and harmful elements. my truck is black and i offroad it alot so it gets scratched alot but i always take care of mine. each wash i have i make sure to polish it and wax it to build up layers on the paint protecting it from the elements. i do buff mine and did it recently and came out beautiful. let me know if there is any other questions u have

Old 07-04-2013, 01:35 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

that was good advice thank you. i used the meguires paste wax, it comes off super easy i was suprised but the smooth feeling doesnt last long like the turtle wax ice synthetic paste. i use mothers california gold for the car wash and the mothers clay bar kit. i was gonna do a polishing compound soon when i get the chance with this crazy weather. when do you recommend i do a polish compound? after i wash it of course but should i still clay bar it then polish or can i skip claying?

Old 07-04-2013, 05:02 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

hair is in