Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Modifications > Performance & Brainstorming > Engine & Internal
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Starting Member

atokad55 is on a distinguished road
Default 1994 Chevy Blazer S-10 4 Door Tahoe/LT

Hello!
This is my first thread and acctually my first vehicle! I've grown up around loud a** vehicles with a growl to them, not a lil souped up moped sound, but a growl equivalent to that of Godzillas. Right now I'm sitting on the basic Vortex v6 4.3L, it's one h*** of an engine and I love it but I'm looking for a meaner sounding engine. I've talked to a Chevy Mechanic and he said my best bet would be slapping a Chevy 350 Small Block in it. If I do that I know that I'll have to switch out the Tranny aswell, but before I did anything drastic, I'd like some outside opinions, perferably pro's and con's and if my idea is at all plausible. Would it be worth the rebuild or is their a easier route to achieve the power and head turning sound that I'm looking for?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Starting Member
2000 GMC Jimmy
My Garage

jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

cheapest and easiest way is to straight pipe it, but be careful cops get pretty horny about it. search around on the site there is a million opinions on different exhaust setups. lots of videos around too.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Starting Member

atokad55 is on a distinguished road

I've heard that a new exhaust system could do that for me. But, I use to roll around in a Chevy Suburban with Straight Pipes and as soon as we stopped the car couldn't be heard, I'm trying to find out how to get the mean sound even while I'm just idling, whether it be at a stop light or stop sign.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Starting Member
2000 GMC Jimmy
My Garage

jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

ive had mine straight piped for quite a while and it has a good rumble at idle. i have a big resonator pipe at the end, sounds pretty good. if your looking for the earth rumbling, pee your pants kinda sound your gonna have to look into a v8 or cam etc... but with the right setup and some intake work the 4.3 sounds bada$$ for a 6 cylinder
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1994, 4x4, 94, blazer, chevrolet, chevy, door, engine, idle, lt, make, review, rumble, s10, tahoe