Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Help! im a bit confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
chevychic4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! im a bit confused

ok heres my prob ... i got this blazer and the oil is not showing up on the dipstick at all and the people at the place said they put 4 quarts in i watch them put 1 of the 4 in ... i dunno if the dipstick is just too short or wat and i know its not leaking cause there were no spots please help im confused .. ok another ? for ya ... i have to jump my truck every time ... its like its not keeping a charge could this just b my battery?

Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Help! im a bit confused

Whats the oil pressure gauge tell ya? (engine running.) Low oil lamp flicker on at all? They should have dumped in 4.3 qts. I put in 4.5 qts w/ a longer filter.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 PM

well i unfortunatly cant even get my truck running cause it wont turn over ... so i cant check it that way... its frustrating me

Old 03-20-2006, 08:31 PM

If it's seized........

Old 03-20-2006, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: 4lowlife

If it's seized........

if thats the case then that is very bad

try turning it with a wrench to see if it is actually siezed

Old 03-20-2006, 11:50 PM

it isnt seized i can tell u that much cause i have got it running it just wont start without a jump

Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 AM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having to jump it is either the battery is completely out of life, its not getting good connection (corrosion or lose), or your alternator is not recharging it very well once it is started and running.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:08 AM

Something wrong with the charging system?

Old 03-21-2006, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Add oil until it shows your full on the dip stick.

take your battery and alternator to autozone and get them tested. It would be best if they were still in the truck, but if it isn't running then take them out.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure I would keep adding oil until it shows on the stick... might be the wrong dip stick if some troll at a shop or stealer had their hands on and in it.
Think I would to the extreme, drian the oil out again and check to see what is up with it all. The oil the dip sitck etc... Check the bat. and charging sys. too.
But put in your oil and even if you need to jump it to start it, check your oil thing first and make sure you have not got any big time problems. I don't know what all happened or the scenario behind it all, but if the engine is seized, I would go after the stealer/shop and make them deal with any Bat./Charging problems when it gets there.... just my 2pesos... can't even rub two pennies together right now...[:-]

Quick Reply: Help! im a bit confused