Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

4.3 Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Beginning Member
XtreemeBlazer is on a distinguished road

Great something to look forward to cant wait. LOL Do you still have to take the tire off to reach it when you take the steering shaft off?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

The way I did it, was get the plug socket on and get out a 1/2" box end wrench and used the wrench on the end of the socket. I worked it out slowly, but once it was loose, i worked it with my fingers. Probably took me about 20 minutes to get it done, an hour overall for all 6 plugs.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I'm a through the wheel well guy. I love to change the plugs and yes I'm not well either if any of you have read my posts then you'd know. I'm with you Ohsofly my brother.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds worse than it is, I have never removed the steering shaft just long extension and a universal comes right out (although my steering shaft is at an altered angle go go 3" BL!)

Old 05-15-2010, 10:06 AM
dkk1661 is on a distinguished road

The wheel doesn't need to come off, you can still reach it easily. I've read about 10 different ways to get to that plug and the easiest solution i found was to unbolt the steering shaft. But I also have fingers the size of bananas, so it makes it difficult to get my hands in there.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member
jlockEMT35 is on a distinguished road

I use a combination of the above methods. I go in through the wheel well and pop the socket on and use a wrench to break the plug loose and then pop the ratchet on with an exstension and universal joint. Works for me, never tried pulling the steering column but that also sounds easy. I pull the tire but its not necesary, you can just tirn the wheel to get enough room to reach but I'm a short stocky guy so I have some reach issues. If your taller then me (5'6") you should be able to get it without an issue.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:00 AM
davedidit is on a distinguished road

I just changed my plugs and used the plug socket and a end wrench
used a short section of fule line to get the new plug started and back to the plug socket and end wrench
take your time and don"t get mad at it it can be done
oh..... yea replace them with platium plugs and you don't need to do it very often

Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
drjoe is on a distinguished road
Default #3 plug

Just pull the motor mount bold and jack up the engine an inch or two using a wood block on the jack. Don't want to hurt the pan.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Im sooo glad my ZR2 doesnt have this problem. Dont know why, but using the sp socket and an extension works fine for mine. 1/2 max to do all 6 plugs in my ZR2.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Logan
Im sooo glad my ZR2 doesnt have this problem. Dont know why, but using the sp socket and an extension works fine for mine. 1/2 max to do all 6 plugs in my ZR2.
The ZR2 steering column is at a slightly different angle/position and doesn't block the plug like it does on others.

Quick Reply: 4.3 Spark Plugs