Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Anti Freeze Leak not sure where from?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM
twintwo3 is on a distinguished road
Default Anti Freeze Leak not sure where from?

I noticed yesterday I have an antifreeze leak that's coming from somewhere along the drivers side of the radiator (bottom??), and the heat in my car kinda sorta doesn't work now either.

My reservoir is still above the add line with the engine running. All under the drivers side of my car and on the inside of the front driver side wheel is all wet and there are several steady drops.... After parking my vehicle it leaves a pretty big wet spot behind.

Any ideas what could cause this????... I'm at school until the weekend and have basically little to no tools to take stuff off and look deeper other than taking the headlight and front grill off which I did but I still can't determine where its coming from.

its a 2002 ZR2

Last edited by twintwo3; 02-03-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to tell without doing a coolant pressure test.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:30 PM
2 loud is on a distinguished road

i recently had a hiden leak at my 2002 blazer ,, at first i thought it was the waterpump but when i teard everything around away to get a better wiew il found that the hole in the pump was dry ,, i made a serius pressurewash of the engine and engine compartment , blown it dry with my air compressor and filled the system up again and turned the engine on ,, at first i evaquaded all air and then put the cap back on ,, let the engine idle for some time to get the heat in the water and then start looking around everywhere ,, ,, and of course no water was visable leaking anyware ,, finaly after some houer of idle and some reving il saw a small tiny stream of water coming between the cylinderhead and the intake at the driver side ,, i was almoust impossible to see this point since it behind the ac punp and il used a flachlight and lots of temper to find it ,, we recently bought this truck and since it tested it as you shoud by letting it show what its made of the water was flooding when il got back and parked the car so i could lower the price since even the seller saw the water comming out ,, so i was almoust surten is whas the waterpump that was needed to be changed and before il orderd a new pump i would like to be shore it was it that leaked ,, i was 100% surten that it shoud shown the leak at once after i washed it and let the pressure inside the system rice but this took aprox 3 houres before it show where it was leaking ,, for now i used a quick fix by adding stop leak in the radiator and it works great but im now about to order a new set of gaskest and gonna swap them later on ,, but first i wanna get the knowledge of what else to do with this engine to beef it up a bit ,, il propbelbly gonna rip the cylinderheads off and play around some with my grinder and then i needs new gaskets everywhere so therefor a stop leak fix are accepeble for now but wheres your leaks isent possible to tell ,, do as il did ,, clean it up , let it dry , fill it up and get all air out of the system and then run the coolant hot and start looking for aqua ,, it aint rocket sience you now ,,,

Old 04-23-2016, 04:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

1. That was painful to try to read.
2. Do not use a stop leak product.
3. Do not use a grinder to remove gasket material on the heads. Use a scraper.
4. A correctly performed coolant pressure test should find a leak in a lot less than 3 hours.