Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

02 blazer 4x4, tranny, cutout, surge on highway

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
brianroark is on a distinguished road

Ok just looking for ideas, I had no problems with the transmission and decided to do some preventive maintenance so I dropped the pan and put a new filter in the tranny, I did find 2 really small metal metallic pieces but didn't think too much of it, I drove 120 miles after filling with 5 quarts of new fluid and it drove great and parked it for a day, I jumped in the blazer today and it drove fine, I gave it a little gas getting on the freeway today and it shifted hard, gave me kind of a bang, after that it seemed to drive fine for about 10 minutes before I had a problem, I was driving and all of a sudden the truck cut out and i lost power, I gave it gas and it seemed to pick back up, it did this about 3 times before I finally got off on my exit. I drove it abotu 5 blocks after getting off of the freeway and it seemed fine. What does this sound like to everyone? I'm kind of freaked out and hoping I dont have a tranny problem. I was reading and was thinking maybe its a lock-up problem? I have a Tech II at home so I can look at all of the readings. Can someone please give me a hand and a few tips?

Thanks.

I recently bought the truck about a month ago in not working condition, the harness for the fuse box was loose and the previous owner pulled the tank thinking it was the fuel pump, it shifted smooth and still did after I got off the freeway, could barely feel it shift, the truck has a new fuel pump, fuel filter, new spider MFI spider, cap, rotor, MAF, r&r front and rear diff fluid, replaced the Tcase fluid with autotrak fluid, old stuff was green or dark, looked black and had the consistency of water almost but was told this is normal.

Please help, I havent driven it home or test drove it again, I am at work now, so I have no more info on the problem, I am going to try to hit the brake so just the brake switch engages without applying the brakes and see if its a TCC issue and unlocking fixes restores power, but looking for any info I can get before I drive home.