Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1-2 shift solenoid 95 blazer automatic

Old 07-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Beginning Member
rd-blazer is on a distinguished road
Default 1-2 shift solenoid 95 blazer automatic

Hey just have a question... how hard is it to change the shift solenoid in the transmission? i would have to drop the trans pan right? and what else would i need to remove/replace? i scanned the blazer and got trouble code PO753 which is for shift solenoid 1-2. any suggestions would be awesome. i have never messed around with automatics transmissions, only manual transmissions. so im not sure how much of pain they are to work on lol.

thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 05:03 PM
614blazer is on a distinguished road
Default not hard just time

yes u have to drop the trans pan you may have too drop ur crossmember out too but i didnt on my 98 blazer 4x4 just need an extention and a socket believ the trans bolts are a 10mm and the shift cable bolts are a 8mm drop the pan and trans fluid will spill out easy way to drain the fluid is too loosen the bolts on one side and take out the other side all the way out. then take the retainer clip holding the shift cable to the holer and slide it out. after pan is droped and fluid drain it will drip fluid here and there so use a pan to catch it . and the seliod is up toward the front there is two of them id just replace both one control 1-2 shift and the second 3-4 shift i forget what one exactly is for 1-2 i think the one one the driver side is dont hold against me. to get it out pop the eletrical connector off make sure your carefull they can break easy learn from me and last pry the retainer clip holding the selinod in place and it pops right out. do in reverse order to install. you have to replace the trans pan gasket and fluid of corse it takes about 4 qts hope this helps

Old 07-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 614blazer
yes u have to drop the trans pan you may have too drop ur crossmember out too but i didnt on my 98 blazer 4x4 just need an extention and a socket believ the trans bolts are a 10mm and the shift cable bolts are a 8mm drop the pan and trans fluid will spill out easy way to drain the fluid is too loosen the bolts on one side and take out the other side all the way out. then take the retainer clip holding the shift cable to the holer and slide it out. after pan is droped and fluid drain it will drip fluid here and there so use a pan to catch it . and the seliod is up toward the front there is two of them id just replace both one control 1-2 shift and the second 3-4 shift i forget what one exactly is for 1-2 i think the one one the driver side is dont hold against me. to get it out pop the eletrical connector off make sure your carefull they can break easy learn from me and last pry the retainer clip holding the selinod in place and it pops right out. do in reverse order to install. you have to replace the trans pan gasket and fluid of corse it takes about 4 qts hope this helps
ok awesome thanks for good explaination. the shift cable is in the tranny as well right? this can be done on floor jack on the garage without have too hard of time i hope?

ive been looking online for the part but it seems there is more than one type of this solenoid... do you remember what yours look like by any chance?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Beginning Member

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...+50014+2014003

is this the correct part i need?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Beginning Member
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

i just changed mine in my 2000 blazer. we just used a floor jack. its not a hard job, i had another person, which im sure helps.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by red06sc
i just changed mine in my 2000 blazer. we just used a floor jack. its not a hard job, i had another person, which im sure helps.

ok cool thanks. yeah im going to see if someone could give me hand. is the part i posted above look like the right solenoid??

Old 07-13-2011, 02:54 PM
614blazer is on a distinguished road
Smile shift cable

Originally Posted by rd-blazer
ok awesome thanks for good explaination. the shift cable is in the tranny as well right? this can be done on floor jack on the garage without have too hard of time i hope?

ive been looking online for the part but it seems there is more than one type of this solenoid... do you remember what yours look like by any chance?

the shift cable is on the outside of the tranny driver side below the tranny pan there is a holder like i said in the reply a retainer clip holds it to the holder just pull is out and pop the end of the cable off the selector arm may need a flat head screw driver to pry it off and the two bolts holding the holder is the tranny pan bolts as well. hope this helps just be carefull not to break the clips to the selinod or u have to replace the whole harness i did but got the wrong one i have a 98 blazer 4x4 and harness was from a 95 blazer 4x4 it had a different connector so i just bought another tranny for 300 bucks. lol