Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1993 4WD CPI vacuum documentation

Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM
luvit is on a distinguished road
Default Help: need 1993 4WD CPI vacuum documentation

i'm sure this is somewhere on the forum, but i'm miserably failing to search & find intricate/complete vacumm diagrams for a 1993 4WD CPI.

i'm running rich, rich idle on occasions, floody restarts (starts after several several cranks).

i found a few open-ends on vac hoses near firewall on passenger side.. possibly disconnected lines
.Thanks

Last edited by luvit; 03-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

doubt its the vac lines. I bet its the Fpr. time for a fuel pressure check. fprs on early models is bad for going out.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM

well, i was going to work on fprs prior to discovering 4 open vac lines, one of those open vac lines is needed for the fprs-side.

Last edited by luvit; 03-26-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

well diagnose the fuel problem like this

96+ Fuel System Diagnosis - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Im going to be looking for a vac diagram for you

Edit: This is all i found in my service manual so far

Ill keep looking if this dont help

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 03-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 PM
K1500brute is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
well diagnose the fuel problem like this

96+ Fuel System Diagnosis - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Im going to be looking for a vac diagram for you

Edit: This is all i found in my service manual so far

Ill keep looking if this dont help
Hey what service manual do you have?? Im trying to find one better then the Hanyes, They are alright but not the best.

also there is always the autozone diagrams but they are ok at best
| Repair Guides | Vacuum Diagrams | Vacuum Diagrams | AutoZone.com

Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I have a General motors s10 service manual

Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Nothing beats the factory manuals. I buy them whenever I find them. I got my 1992 Bravada manual at Half Price Books for $5. I've never paid more than $10 for a factory manual unless I had to have it.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 AM

i'll pay up $30 for a FSM.
but usually there are multiple books for one vehicle.. so I really really aim for $10 ea., too. bought this blazer problem child recently, boy was it neglected.. i don't own any FSMs, yet.

xgiovannix12, i see you are in the ""Air Conditioning" section of that book.
that small pic in Figure 45 where it points to the vacuum line is where my troubles begin.
if i follow that hose towards the firewall, i have like 3 Tees.
2 ultra tiny vac hoses which are disconnected
and the largest hose from that group of Tees leads to the back middle of the engine and dangles.. i think i tore that one from it's connection.
Thanks for your help, can you find more vac details?

these hoses are so rotten.. i'm replacing sections that tear when i disconnect them.

Last edited by luvit; 03-27-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM

[oops, i deleted a double post..]

Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 AM
aa21830 is on a distinguished road

Scoll down about halfway through this link...it's from my '96 Sonoma 4x4, but I think it should be about the same as a '93 (which I owned many years ago...but way too long past my memory). Big hose comes from engine; goes into the one-way check valve. From there, it splits 3 ways. One line (5/16", I believe) goes to vacuum reservoir ball. One goes to the transfer case vacuum switch. One line reduces to that tiny little line that goes into the firewall for HVAC controls.

I would just replace all those rubber lines under the hood, the one-way check valve, and the lines going to and from the transfer case vacuum switch. Also check the vacuum reservoir, make sure it's not full of t-case fluid. If it is, then the 4WD actuator under the battery tray is probably also full of t-case fluid, and possibly the actuators inside the dash. Vacuum system in these trucks is a pain in the a-hole...been through my two trucks 3 times in the last year, fixing vacuum-related problems.

And a word to the wise....stay away from the Dorman t-case vacuum switch. I put one in my Blazer last year, and it was an epic fail. Not only did the 3 tubes on the top not seal well around the rubber cap/junction thing (giving me no 4WD to start the winter), it let loads of t-case fluid into the vacuum system. The vacuum reservoir was about half full of t-case fluid. I like Dorman for a lot of things, but the t-case switch was a piece of junk.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1993 4WD CPI vacuum documentation