Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2000 Blazer wont shift automatically

Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Beginning Member
1957chevy is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer wont shift automatically

2000 Blazer, auto, 144k miles, 4x4. It will shift through all gears but only if I start the shifter in 1 and go through to drive manually. So in essence, it is an auto-stick now... HAHAHA! Any ideas??

Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What does it do if you leave it in OD? Sounds like a solenoid problem in the trans.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Beginning Member
Default If I start in "D" it will move but very slowly.

It moves slowly until it gets enough speed.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sure sounds like a Solenoid B failure to me. Have you recently had any transmission work done? If so, it is very easy to damage the wiring if you are not careful.

The solenoid can be replaced with a simple pan drop.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Beginning Member
Default No recent tranny work, I will try it though.

This is actually not my ride. It belongs to a 60 year old single lady. Just trying to help her. It is literally a free service so thank you very much for your input and help.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Beginning Member
Default 00 Blazer Solenoid B????

Someone let me know that since this Blazer will not shift automatically that it is likely the solenoid in the tranny. I went to buy both of them from the shop today and the guy advised me not to just go switching solenoids because it is not likely to be the problem???? I found a set on ebay for only 30.00 Could it hurt to drop the pan and switch out the old ones for these new ones? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Take a look at the Tech Article (DIY) index link in my signature. Scroll down in that thread and find the 4L60E common problem & solutions post. Then find the symptom that matches. You'll find that it is exactly as I have stated.

Next, you can check the OBD2 code index thread and find the solenoid B code listing for a schematic that shows you where it is and how to test it. As I indicated above, it could be the solenoid or it could be the wiring inside the pan. Both are just as likely.

BTW, please keep to one thread on a problem.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member
Default K. thanks again.

Thank you again. Appreciate it! Corey

Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Starting Member
chcknugget is on a distinguished road

What does the speedometer say? My vss sensor was out and it would not shift out of first with the stick in overdrive drive, but would manually shift into the other gears. If your speedometer is staying at 0mph it could be your vss sesnor.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Beginning Member
Default The speedo does work.

Yes the speedo works fine. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer wont shift automatically