Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2001 Blazer 4.3 Knock Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
porta5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 Blazer 4.3 Knock Sensors

I am having trouble finding the knock sensor/s on my 2001 4.3 blazer. The book says there are two of them under each cylinder bank. Trying to order a new motor from Jasper and they want to know whether my motor has screw in orbolt on sensors. Any ideas?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Default RE: 2001 Blazer 4.3 Knock Sensors

Well, no one answered my call for help. In case anyone elso has this problem in the future, I found the knock sensor myself. It is located under the distributor cap against the fire wall. I had to remove the distributor to get to it and only saw it there by luck with a mirror and a flash light. It turned out to be a screw in type and not a bolt on. Good luck to whom ever needs this info in the future.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Glad you found it. Sorry I missed this post earlier.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/F2FA391A396A405582E1B8EC246FFD34.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-07-2007, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got time to find it.

Yep back of the block and, yep, screw in type.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM

Believe it or not we were all wrong. That is the picture of the sensor that chevylover posted and that is the sensor that Ihave on my engine. The problem is,GM calls that a bolt on sensor. When I ordered my engine from Jasper, I asked for a screw in and when it got here itiswhat looks like to me a screw in but in fact it is considered a bolt on. Aparently there are first generation motors and second generation motors. The one in my blazer is asecond generation (bolt on sensor) and the long block that I got is a first generation scew in type. This is the only difference.Now my problem is that I have to wait 2 more days for them to send me a new block and take this one back. Luckly I found thedifference just before setting it in the truck.Thedifference between the two sensors is thatone is a one wire sensor and the other is atwo wire sensor.My wire harness is a two wire. Is thereany way to convert to the one wire so I can press on with the engine swap. Possibly an adapter. I would rather wait for the new engine to arrive then either cut into my harness or replace the whole harness just for this sensor. Any suggestions!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Beginning Member
bodhifirestarr is on a distinguished road

could I have a look at that picture,

Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Holy OLD thread...

Posted in other threads:

Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Beginning Member

thank you, that certainly helps.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 03-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Beginning Member

What would the correct torque be for the knock sensor. I can't seem to find this out.

Quick Reply: 2001 Blazer 4.3 Knock Sensors