Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

motor problems please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:48 PM
theblaze01 is on a distinguished road
Default motor problems please help me!!!

ok i have a 2001 chevy blazer ls 2 door 2wd 4.3L i replaced the button cap wires plugs fuel pump fuel filter my truck wont crank by itself when cold rough idle only for short ammounts of time when i easily push the gas pedal it idles up fine but if i punch it the motor bogs horribly and starts backfiring and sounds like the motor is about to die it stalled out today in the midle of a 4 lane road and i had to jump out and start it with starter fluid im tired of dumping money in this thing and not getting any better after i replaced the plugs and wires it seems to idle fine after i crank it with starting fluid but stillk backfires and bogs down if i try to gas it hard i just need someones good advice cause im stuck as of now someone please help me!!!

Last edited by theblaze01; 08-22-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

id start off by doing a fuel pressure test

read this and follow it do the leak down test also

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...agnosis-23038/

Old 08-29-2011, 12:51 PM

ok would fuel tank pressure cause it not to prime right ?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Inadequate fuel pressure could be responsible for your problems, but lets talk a bit.

Were the problems you are experiencing present before the tune up you performed (plugs, wires, cap, & rotor)? What brand were the parts that you installed? How did the old parts look when you removed them? The reason I ask this is because a lot of the aftermarket caps & rotors do not work too well in these trucks for one reason or another.

When you say that the truck "wont crank by itself", you mean that the engine is turning over, but will not catch & start sometimes? Please clarify.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:13 PM

yes the problems were there before the tune up it did make it run a tiny bit better but when i punch the gas it loses all power and stays in on rpm spot and sounds like its about to blow up is misfires and backfires usually around 1500 to 2000 rpms and up about 3000 is when it just stops and doesnt go any higher but if i ease on the gas it will rev all the way out to the rev limiter when its in drive i have to hold the gas and brake to keep it running when i try to crank it .it turns over fine trys a little and gives up and every once in a while i can start it without starting fluid but thats rare im thinking its the spider injectors but i want to be definate bofore i go and spend 250 bucks on something that wasent the problem please tell me the problem cause its beatin me pretty bad

Old 08-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any stored codes? How about the brand of the parts that were installed?

You definitely need to do a fuel pressure test before plunking down the coin for a new pump.