Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

4 Engine & Tranny Issues Help me lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Brandon Hassell is on a distinguished road
Talking 4 Engine & Tranny Issues (Updated with Error Codes)

Hi everyone,
Just joined the forum, its funny everytime I have issues i look to this forum for help and read everyones problems and solutions, but i'm just now finally joining.
O.K.

I have owned a 2002 blazer for a couple years now, i love this truck!
I will be as specific as possible, i am young, mechanically inclined, but by far not a pro. I am a competent DIY kinda guy and have always fixed my own.

2002 Blazer LS v6 4.3 Vortec 4 door 4x4 and I believe to be a 4l60e transmission. 225k miles everything has been very well maintained and i just can give this thing up.

(please keep in mind i am young and money is VERY tight so every option is very muchly so appreciated)

Took to local auto parts for testing, Codes found: P0101, P0102, P0757, P0741, P0300, P0452

P0101- MAF SENSOR CONDITION
P0102- MAF SENSOR CONDITION (TWO CODES FOR THIS?)
P0757- 2-3 SHIFT SOLENOID VALVE PERFORMANCE
P0741- TCC SOLENOID STUCK OFF
P0300- CYLINDER MISFIRE DETECTED- RANDOM CYLINDERS
P0452- FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR CONDITION

1) Recently my motor has had lifter tick develop, sometimes its bad sometimes not noticable. (I have been told by several to attempt a seafoam motorflush to solve this issue)

2) o2 sensors are bad, i have read that the only ones that truly matter are the two upfront, is this true?

3) Maf is reading as non-operable, is this because of o2 sensor malfuction and if not will CRC MAF cleaner do the deed?

4) Transmission will not operate correctly in D or 3rd, it shifts twice then just rev's like in neutral i can get upto 35 mph then it wont upshift;1st, 2nd, and Reverse all work fine. Tranny fluid is fine and topped off. I read that there may be a possibilty the tranny isnt sensing enough hp to shift?

OK, so heres what I'm planning on doing, if you have any advice or comments it would be greatly appreciated!

Engine: Im going to try using crc maf cleaner to restore MAF, I grabbed a bottle of SEAFOAM to try a motor flush and oil change (to help with lifter tick)

Transmission: LOL this is were it gets a little funky for me, this will be first time experiance so anything u can give on this specific subject is needed!
I am going to do a partial flush, replace gasket and filter, and remove valve body for an inspection/cleaning, i suppose i might as well replace defective solenoids as well.

Many ppl tell me just to junk this thing, but the body has no rust, frame is in excellent condition, and over the passed couple years i have installed new steering components (bushings, tie rods, etc), all around suspension, custom exhaust, new tires, and a new rear end, im to the point now i might as well replace motor an tranny if necessary.

Thank you for taking time!

Last edited by Brandon Hassell; 11-30-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Updated w/ Error Codes and what ima try to fix it!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

any codes when you scan it?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Brandon Hassell is on a distinguished road

i am taking to the shop to have tranny checked tommorrow morning but not that i know of, i had it checked about 4 months ago when it became a small noticable problem and the shop said it wasnt reading any problems

Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I`m betting your tranny`s problem is the clutch pack. Just had that problem on mine. Got a used tranny on craigslist with no reverse (sunshell) and made 1 out of 2. You sound like me about fixing things and it really wasnt that hard of a job with the tranny. Also sounds like it could be a sticky lifter ticking. Seafoam may help that but not sure.