Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 4 door Injectors bad. IS THIS COMMON??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:07 AM
muaymendez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 4 door Injectors bad. IS THIS COMMON??

Hey guys I believe I posted this same question 2 days agoio but cant find it so here goes again.
I have a 95 4 door 4x4 that was given to me by a friend. The truck runs like hell. Smells really rich and feels like its about to stall.
I was told by the previous owner and by my mechanic that the injectors tend to go out on these trucks and with 143k on the clcok it is about time to replace and repair the intake/ injectors.

I se many of you guys speak f teh codes.
Are you guys using the expensive snap on computers or is there something less expensive for the everyday blazer owner as my self.
First i want to get this truck street legal. Used tires new windshield to replace the cracked one and get this engine running correctly. The exhaust was on warranty from midas , so I had it done.
once Im street legal I will begin to thnk about turbo chargers. maganaflow exhaust and start with body lift kits and finances permitting a real lift kit.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

Yes the injectors failing is actually very normal, Mine failed at 114k but when mine failed it fully failed and it wouldn't even start... as for a scanner I have found some ODBII scanners will pull codes off the computer but it is a hit or miss thing ... whatever codereader they use at Autozone (I think it is a Actron) for some reason reads it. I have a Mac tools pocket scanner but I honestly haven't popped a code in so long (knock on wood) I've never gotten a chance to test it to see if that one works. I used to have a cheap eBay one that would not read the codes, just ot give you and Idea.

Just remember that your Blazer is NOT ODBII ... it is actually ODB 1.5 ... so if you look for a scanner try to find one that is ODB 1.5 compatible.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most common fuel related issues on the CPI motors is the FPR (fuel pressure regulator). When it fails, it dumps raw fuel into the intake manifold which finds its way into the intake runners around each of the poppet nozzles.

A fuel pressure test would let you know what is going wrong.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Another problem, just as common, is the fuel pressure and return lines in the plenum. GM calls it a "Nut Kit" for some unknown reason. Most auto parts stores stock them and they're made by Dorman under the "HELP" line. As mentioned, checking fuel pressure and leakdown will tell you immediately if there's a fuel delivery problem. Hope this helps.