Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 Blazer Stalling problems.. HELP PLEASE!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
jamesb. is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Blazer Stalling problems.. HELP PLEASE!

i have a 1995 Chevy Blazer Ls 4x4 4.3 vortec/auto trans. It is stalling when i let off of the throttle. it does it some times then sometimes it doesn't. I dont understand what the problem is i replaced the TPS ( Throttle Positioning sensor) and the problem is still occurring i am out of ideas. Please feel free to help me out ANY IDEAS WILL HELP thank you.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

fuel pump....possibly. mine did the same thing in my 95. check your fuel pressure before you spend any money. should idle around 60 psi. you should be able to rent/borrow one from your local parts store. on the 95, the port you need is on the throttle body, close to the firewall and is a schrader valve. same thing that you use to put air in your tires.

btw, welcome to the forum.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 PM
jamesb. is on a distinguished road

well we checked that i hears some thing about the egr valve and MAS

Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jamesb.
i have a 1995 Chevy Blazer Ls 4x4 4.3 vortec/auto trans. It is stalling when i let off of the throttle. it does it some times then sometimes it doesn't. I dont understand what the problem is i replaced the TPS ( Throttle Positioning sensor) and the problem is still occurring i am out of ideas. Please feel free to help me out ANY IDEAS WILL HELP thank you.

I think I would clean the throttle plate before I spend a lot of money. It's fairly easy to do. Get a can of spray fuel injection cleaner. Do NOT use carburetor cleaner unless it says it's also for fuel injection systems. Carb. cleaner will eat the TPS as well as damage the internal passages of your intake.

Remove the air cleaner assembly so you can access the throttle plate. Using a paper, not cloth, towel, open the plate and spray the bore down and rub the pape towel around. It will come out covered with gooky stuff (<-----fancy technical term). This is residue for the PCV valve. It's where the oil fumes go to get burned. Keep rubbing with the towel until it coes out clean. Reassemble everything and start it up. It will be difficult to start as all that crud has to burn off. Once it smooths out, your problem may be cured. If not, it was only about $10. The gooky stuff (<-------fancy technical term again) starves the air going into the throttle body.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
DenBen777 is on a distinguished road
Default Try Replacing the *Cam Position Sensor*

Hi, just in case a lot of folks dealing with their Blazers stalling haven't considered this relatively simple fix... The Cam position sensor can be intermitently bad/going out... I have experienced this in a few cars, and my Blazer recently started doing this... I'm about to swap it out.
food for thought.

Originally Posted by jamesb.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:47 PM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

also check the upper plenum gasket for a vacuum leak. I had a stalling problem that haunted me a long time, I could actually see the gasket was missing in sections by just looking real close where the upper and lower intake meet.

edit : crap didnt see this is an old post well sort of lol