Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 s10 blazer rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:44 AM
streetmitch is on a distinguished road
Default 95 s10 blazer rough idle

I recently got a 95 s10 blazer. It is great and i love it, but somethings wrong. it idles pretty bad. when its cold it runs fine, but as it heats up it gets worse. i can see the rpms dipping down and up. also if i press the gas a little and let off fast it starts to die, but usually comes back up. if i change gears (automatic)it goes to die and sometimes will die. sometimes when im just sitting there it tries to die. it hasn't been a big problem yet, but its pretty annoying and its the only thing stopping me from putting money into it.also it seems to be having a starting problem i don't know if that's related.

Things i have replaced and cleaned that havn't helped.
cleaned egr valve and replaced gasket.
cleaned mass air flow sensor.
replaced idle air control valve.
new spark plugs.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Starting Member
TURTLE1211 is on a distinguished road

Have you changed the fuel filter or the map sensor? Also any codes been pulled on it?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
onebadsuv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by streetmitch
I recently got a 95 s10 blazer. It is great and i love it, but somethings wrong. it idles pretty bad. when its cold it runs fine, but as it heats up it gets worse. i can see the rpms dipping down and up. also if i press the gas a little and let off fast it starts to die, but usually comes back up. if i change gears (automatic)it goes to die and sometimes will die. sometimes when im just sitting there it tries to die. it hasn't been a big problem yet, but its pretty annoying and its the only thing stopping me from putting money into it.also it seems to be having a starting problem i don't know if that's related.

Things i have replaced and cleaned that havn't helped.
cleaned egr valve and replaced gasket.
cleaned mass air flow sensor.
replaced idle air control valve.
new spark plugs.
Hello and welcome to the forum,

You must have a very late model '95 to have mass air flow sensor ... MAP sensors are more common on '95's ('round these here parts , anyways). Have You checked the health of the spider/regulator/lines and fuel pressure

Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 AM

it might be a MAP idk the sensor in the air pipe i cleaned. the spider injector is the last thing i was going to check because its the one thing i dont really want to replace. i am getting ready to put a new fuel filter in this weekend and check the pressure. i just recently started noticing gas smell when i idle and going through gas much faster then i use to. which if i remember right are signs of a bad spider injector. When i first got the car it had a check engine light and the guy said it was the o2 sensor, but like the next day it went away and i havnt seen it since.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Starting Member
1sinner is on a distinguished road

Im having a prob with my 95 blazer it wont idle and wont stay running in park. When in gear it fluctuates about 200 rpm and will die if i dont keep the rpm up about 1000. I have put a new fuel pump, filter, fuel pressure regulator, tps, iacv. No vac leaks. Also it starts fine when its cold but when it heats up im having trouble starting. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor. Only thing i havent changed is the spider injectors. Could this be the problem?? Im at a stand still with this truck. Has a new motor with under 200 miles! HELP

Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Beginning Member
RexCastle is on a distinguished road

did you ever solve this issue?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 AM

well i replaced a lot more stuff since i posted this. i got it to run fine when its hot, but it still tries to die at a stop and it has horrible idle when cold. recently the fuel pump went out . im planning on fixing it this weeked. it didnt pass deq with more than 9 times the normal gas exhausts. so im not sure if the fuel pump could be the problem or if its something else. any advice would help. if its going to cost me much more to fix im just planning on getting a new car.