Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Engine & Transmission
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Beginning Member

THSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 Blazer won't accelerate

I own a 98 Blazer LS with about 67,000 miles on it. I just bought it a few months ago and everything was fine until a few days ago when I got on the highway and it was very hard to accelerate. If I let of the gas a little the engine would get fuel but as soon as I would press on it a little harder it wouldn't do anything. After I pulled over and looked under the hood for a few minutes it started up and ran fine for a little bit and ended up doing the same thing. Also, I've noticed that a few days prior it has been hard to start. I'm thinking fuel filter.....any suggestions?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 PM

Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 98 Blazer won't accelerate

Im having a similar problem right now, it feels like its holding back, i let off the gas and then get back on it and it goes fine. i thought it could be fuel or air filters?
2 in. shackle lift and TB crank
Soon to come
- 2 inch body lift.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Beginning Member

I'm pretty sure its not my air filter because I couldn't go over 20 mph. I'm hoping its just the fuel filter because replacing the pump would be horrible timing considering the holidays are coming.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran

Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough

If you haven't changed the fuel filter for a while it's not a bad idea to do so. When you change the filter, tap out the fuel onto a white rag and see if you see any black in the fuel. Black in the fuel filter is an indication of wear in the fuel pump ( black carbon brushes)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time

The '74 Blazer convertible, new exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdharley.../9/BZySHHznFTs
Old 11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Beginning Member

Changed the filter and I still have the same problem. The acceleration problem only happens after I drive for a little while. If I stop the truck for a minute it drives fine and eventually happens again. Also, when I pulled the old filter I notced lots of black in my fuel line.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM

SMALLBLOCKHERO is an unknown quantity at this point

amazing!..im having the same prob on my 97. feels like the converter is locking up and when i shut down the vehicle it unlocks till i get to like 40 mph. the 4.3 feels like its straining against the converter.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1997, 35, 98, 99, accelerate, blazer, chevy, gas, glass, mph, pack, problems, properly, step, wont