Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

98 blazer dont go!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:37 PM
cowgirl4always is on a distinguished road
Default 98 blazer dont go!!

Please help! About 1 month ago I needed a new fuel pump(truck wouldnt start and my pressure tested extremely low.) Got id done all was fine until about a week later, now truck idles great goes in reverse great, but when you are diving down the road it does not want to go! It completley cuts out. If i milk it I can get it up to speed however if you kick it down again nothing. It completley cuts out. I think we have changed alomost every sensor, tb, and other stuff. Still nothing!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any codes present?

Have you checked the fuel pressure? What brand of pump did you install?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:58 PM
leroyrooster is on a distinguished road

are all fuel lines tight ? just asking

Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

the truck wants to stall out when your trying to pickup speed right?

might be a clogged cat who knows =/

Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Data stream. Let the truck tell you whats happening.
Troubleshoot the problem before you replace anymore un-needed parts.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 AM

I have had scanners on it.The cheap little 1s say I need a new airintake temp sensor(I have replaced it 3 times no help) I then had 1 of the nicer snap on machines on it and even tho my cel is on there is no code. It does however show misfires when driving down the road, and at idle(it idles fine) it shows big changes in my spark. The last pupm we put in was 1 they recommended (AC Delco I think) my fuel pressure is good. Lines all appear to be tight. Thanks for the ideas anymore are also welcome.

I was told maybe try a new computer, however my truck is a 98 with 200,00+ miles so im hesitant to that without knowing thats my problem since its pretty pricey.

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-21-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What was the specific code for the IAT sensor? Have you tested the wires that run from the sensor to the PCM? I would want to do that before jumping to the conclusion that the PCM needs to be replaced.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
leroyrooster is on a distinguished road

try unhooking the battery for about 20 min. . and after you hook it back up run the blazer about 25 miles or so down the road at normal speeds, then if that does not fix it , it will give you a good code .

Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Do what swartlkk suggests. If the wiring is damaged to the IAT sensor, it wont transmit the information no matter how many times you replace the sensor.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM

ok thanks all, I will have my dad test that wire for me, I really have a feeling it is goiing to be something simple that is just getting overlooked. I did have someone else tell me maybe try changing the fuel pressure regulator, have any of you done that? Or do you think that is just another person blowing smoke up my ***? Im really starting to think mechanics just want to make $ off of me. ;-)

Quick Reply: 98 blazer dont go!!