Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

99 Blazer Starts then Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
mapleridgefarm is on a distinguished road
Default 99 Blazer Starts then Stalls

I have a 99 Blazer that ran fine...didnt use it for the weekend and now it starts, runs for 2-3 seconds and stalls. The Security Light is on Steady when I turn on the key. We changed the ignition switch, and tried to reset the pass lock system but it didnt help.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your passlock system is not disarming. If you cannot get the system to relearn properly after the ignition switch was replaced, you may have to have it done by someone with a Tech2 scanner to force the relearn.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Off topic. Do live in maple ridge bc?

Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Starting Member
adam420 is on a distinguished road
Red face 99 Gmc Jimmy/Blazer starts and stalls after 2 secounds

I hope to help people scared their might be a serious expensive problem on their hands when their Jimmy starts then stalls right away.

I had this problem and was able to do simple elimination I hear fuel pump come on truck does indeed start and then just dies not mechanical cause it runs atleast for a second
This means this is probably a electrical problem but with what I watched my lights and the only one on through the start stall process was my Security light

Here is what to do start out with your key in the on position reach below underneath steering wheel and press your Red alarm switch hold this untill your alarm LED blinks off vehicle may beep once light is out turn key off remove it from ignition exit vehicle with key in hand close door.
Next hold the small button on your alarm keychain until LED blinks inside vehicle a beep sound may occur as well once this is done press your normal large alarm button vehicle will beep its normal unlock sound reenter your vehicle and start as normal.

If this works please let me no with alittle feedback ateamis1@yahoo.com

Good Luck!!!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member
nxsmstng is on a distinguished road

hello, i am having the same problem. i drove it to work today, and it was misfiring like crazy, bucking really bad all the way there. i went to leave today and it would start for a second or 2 then die. the security light is on but why would that all of a sudden happen like that? i find it hard to believe that this is the issue, but I don't know. i was told it could be the injectors where they connect into, that black box, i have also heard that it could be the throttle body itself, or someone told me the fuel pressure regulator could be bad but like i said, i dont know. any suggestions?

Last edited by nxsmstng; 07-25-2011 at 02:28 PM.