Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Added the weight of ONE person, jerking is back!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Starting Member
Denominator is on a distinguished road

I can't say that I have noticed the rpm fluctuate during the jerking, but if I give it more throttle the jerking goes away. It only jerks at steady cruising speed at 1500 to maybe 2000 rpm. It feels like if you tap the brakes one time very quickly.

Last edited by Denominator; 05-03-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Next time you experience the issue, tap the brake to unlock the torque converter. See if the jerking goes away. 45MPH is about the speed where the torque converter will lock up in OD (4th gear).

Old 05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Starting Member

Its just that, when it jerks, it does it only one time, 1-2 minutes later one more jerk. Never several jerks. I have read some post on this and they say to do the same thing, but I can't get it to work with only 1 jerk at a time.

I have ordered the fuel system parts that I mentioned in my last thread, but not recived them yet, maybe this could be part of the same problem?

Last edited by Denominator; 05-03-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

TC shutter would be persistent, not once in a while.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a misfire to me, but that should be throwing a code. Also, the weight thing doesn't make sense for that problem being a misfire.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Administrator

The added weight may just make the symptom more pronounced. I know I had a slight, intermittent miss in my old 2000 Bravada that I never really did find the ultimate cure for. It was most pronounced when the A/C compressor would engage while cruising down the road, but that was not the only time I would experience it.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Starting Member

Things I have changed since late summer 2009:

Two O2 sensors, EGR valve, TPS Sensor, ICV, FPR, Fuel pump, Plenum gasket, LIM gasket, ECT Sensor, MAP Sensor, Thermostat, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, Catalytic Converter, muffler, Coil

But as stated earlier in my posts, new parts arn't always good parts!

Last edited by Denominator; 05-04-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Starting Member

There shouldn't under ANY circumstances be arcing from the spark wires right?
I took a spray bottle with some water, put it on mist and sprayed some of the ignition parts. At the #2 spark plug there was arcing between the engine and just above the wire cap. The thing that makes me question this is if I used to much water, would it arc no matter what?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Administrator

You should not have any spark escaping the wire jacket. That is a lost spark.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Starting Member

Could this cause the jerking?

Quick Reply: Added the weight of ONE person, jerking is back!