Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

can ABS mess with the transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Beginning Member
brade is on a distinguished road
Default can ABS mess with the transmission?

can the ABS system on a 98 blazer mess with the transmission shifting?

Old 02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member

guess its something new to everybody...... anyway.... my blazer had a wheel speed sensor wire (or abs wire??? it goes into the front wheel hub...) that was cut in half so i spliced the wire back together and there is no abs fuse in the fuse block under the hood... just wondering if either of those were messing with the trans and i fixed the wire and replaced the fuse if it would start working right the first time i drove it or if it would take a few times diving for it to start working...

Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A front WSS (wheel speed sensor) issue should not cause anything abnormal to happen with the transmission. Neither should an ABS issue aside from a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) issue.

As far as your repair goes, you can check the mV-AC output of the sensor with a multimeter while spinning the wheel. It should be at least 250mV-AC output.

What is your transmission doing?

Old 02-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Beginning Member

will shift out of second but will not go into third. just revs and never catches... the check engine light dont work and i have only drove it twice with a good battery in it but had to take my good battery out after each time to put back in my other vehicle so i dont think the light would come on anyway untill i put a good battery in it and leave it...

Old 02-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you have a problem inside the transmission. It is possible that it is as easy as pulling the pan and replacing a shift solenoid, but I would guess that the 3-4 clutch is gone.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Beginning Member

thats what im thinkin... would i be able to just replace the 3-4 clutches without having to replace everything else like o rings and stuff?