Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Desperate help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM
infyre is on a distinguished road
Default Desperate help needed

I have a 2000 blazer 4wd, long story short, I was having fuel problems and traced it to the FPR. Upon replacing it , I dropped the clip into the manifold and could not retrieve it. I out the engine back together and attempted to start the car, it ran for a bit and then die. After a few attempts, the starter would not even turn the engine over, thinking the starter is bad we pulled it off for testing, it's good. So my question is , could that clip stop my engine from turning over? Prior to this I have never had any problems with this blazer and did not change anything but the FPR. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

what clip?? the one that holds the fuel lines in place?? i dont know how different the 2000 is from a '97 but i just changed my FPR not to long ago, i guess im not really sure on what clip you are talking about, only problem i had was with my bolts =) but i went to the junkyard and got a new one, if you dropped it down the manifold, why not just take that apart, while u are at it, replace the gaskets =) and clean it, see if you can grab the clip you are talking about

Old 07-29-2010, 11:27 AM

or it could be like me, my FPR failed, and then my pump failed for some reason, thats what happened to me....thought it was my pump at first, changed my fuel filter, pressure was still bad, changed the FPR shot it up to 60 (was sitting at 15 before that) then it started, ran good, etc etc, stopped it started it a few times, was bolting the tank up the next day and it wouldnt start, replaced the pump and it started and is running good

but you might wanna check that pressure

Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Thanks for the info , it is the horseshoe looking clip that holds the fuel pressure regullator in place. I guess I was a little optimistic that it would stayt on top and not really affect anything. The noise when I try to crank is as if the starter is blocked and the engine will not turn over. I am going to try to manually turn the engine over when I get home from work today to see if it moves at all, if not I'm going in.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:40 AM

oh, im not sure if mine had a horse show clip, it might have, but i cant remeber lol, my engine must be a little different, my fpr is on the spider injector in the manifold, well, make sure ur wires are all hooked up right, check your fuses, underhood, and the door panel, and i guess thats about it, my year doesnt have the under hood fuse box but apperentally its on the driver side? you should know were it is at, and keep updating =)

and the starter is blocked, like all it does is click?? try tapping it a few times lol

Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 AM

The FPR is on the back of the spider inside the manifold. It had a clip that conneted it to the spider. I pulled the starter off and had it tested, it works fine. The engine still does not want to move. Anything we are not thinking of, a friend of mine that has seen it all , just finds it hard to believe that clip would stop the engine from turning. What are we missing? Some type of fuel lock, maybe when i put it all back together and the FPR reg fell off, could it have dumped fuel locking the cylinders?????

Old 07-31-2010, 08:49 AM

well if its the same "block" im thinking of, it happened to me on my sisters bonneville, and it was just a bad ground, but go pick up another one from the junkyard, look for the other one, and see if it will start, it shouldnt be locked, other from that, i dont really know what else it could be

Old 07-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Before tearing everything apart again try removing a spark plug from the pass side and rotate the engine see if any gas pumps out.
When my FPR went bad my motor would not turn over the cylinders had fuel in them (gas does not compress) I had to pull the pass side plugs and rotate the motor to blow the fuel out.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:40 PM

That is exactly what happened, i removed the plugs and turned the engine and boy did the gas pour out. I also removed the oil drain plug and about 2 gallons of oil/gas mixture came out. I put it all back together and the engine fianlly turned over, but after a few tries...the same thing happened again...locked. I can smell the fuel and the FPR is in place..what can it be? The spider perhaps?