Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Engine & Transmission
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM

worlok is on a distinguished road
Default Expected life span of Chevy 350 motor

Hi,

i am considering a used 1990's Blazer, the large one, with a 350. It has a bit over 229K miles on it. that's a lot of miles. Are there any guidelines as to how long one of those 350's *can* last? The truck looks like it's in great shape. Clean inside and out. I would take a mechanic friend to give it the once over...

Also, how much moolah/dinero would it be to eventually get a creat motor for it or something, should the motor fail?

thanks.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

A rebuilt motor will be a grand or more depending on where you get it. You could rebuild the one you have provided the damage in the end was not too extensive.

229k miles is not unheard of for a properly maintained 350. You could do a compression test and leak down test to analyze the health of the motor.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
1998 Chevrolet Blazer

Logan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Logan

Ive seen 350's with 700 000km, ive seen them blown with 50 000km. All comes down to maintenance, and how they are drivin.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran

AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I've got a 90 C1500 with the 350 TBI with 300,000 miles on it. Regular maintainence on it and still runs strong. The drive train has never been cracked open, other than dropping the tranny pan to change the filter. As long as it hasn't been abused and has been maintained, they can last.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

I just picked up a 90 Suburban 5.7L TBI to part out. 175k miles and strong as all heck!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
1500, 300000, 350, 57, blazer, chevrolet, chevy, engine, expected, gm, last, life, lifespan, miles, motor, span