Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

float float float?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
rogggg1020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default float float float?????

how do i check the float to make sure its working it might be stuck in the "close" position
what does it look like and how do i get it unstuck?????

Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Default RE: float float float?????

another quick question,would starting fluid help me to make sure the gas is bein pulled in to the carb or would it just mess things up on me????

Old 11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Your float is located inside the bowl assembly of the carb. To check if it is stuck you need to pull the carb and pull the bowl assembly apart. I'd suggest get a manual to help you out.

Starter fluid is just that, a way to help you start an engine. It will not help draw in more gas or as a way to tell if you are drawing in enough gas.

You might want to look into getting a rebuild kit for the carb. Pretty easy to rebuild one and if I'm not mistake they even come with instructions on how to do it. The last carb I rebuilt was on an outboard motor so I'm not sure if they still come with instructions or not.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM

thanks ajbert i was starting to think to rebuild it but im not to mech inclined to do alot plus money is a big part of the reason i do what i can plus my wife rides my butt about alot of stuff not including the blazer but yet she wants the blazer fixed everyday and no garage to do it in so im stuck with the weather and almost no lights

Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

A rebuild kit shouldn't break the bank. The best part is once you have the carb off the intake you can bring it right to the kitchen table and rebuild it there. I have learned, though, from experience, make sure you put something down BEFORE working on parts in the house. Wives, for some silly reason, don't like parts laying on the counters, tables, chairs, sofas, etc.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 AM

so i would have to pull the whole carb off not just the top part????

Old 11-16-2008, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran

Yes, pull the whole carb. Just pay attention to where the hoses go and how the linkagehooks up. Take a pic, even. It is a pretty easy job to do.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 PM

thanks for the confedence theres no vaccum system on this blazer just blocked hoses except for 2 or 3 hoses so i hope its easy for me to do lol,any special tools???

Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran

Should be able to do the job with basic hand tools. It has been quite a few years since I rebuilt a carb off a vehicle, so please forgive me if I'm wrong. As I recall, there are no special tools involved.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 PM

is there anyway to losen a side of the carb and unstick the float????i have already been told i have sunk too much money in this blazer,,,,any ideas to help with the float???? without haveing to spend more money till the spring or summer when i get the extra money and put the whole blazer in the shop for wires and mods??????

Quick Reply: float float float?????