Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fuel pressure ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Beginning Member
Squatcher is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel pressure ??

2001 blazer, throwing a p0300 code . My question is what should the fuel pressure be at idle. Mine is 48 psi and drops when you apply throttle. I have replace the spider injectors with new updated version. I read somewhere that these new updated injectors could run at a lower pressure but mine seems a little low. System does not leak down and pressure is around 50 psi with switch on and engine not running. So is it time for a new fuel pump and could this be my p0300 problem. New ac delco wires plugs cap and button. Any help would be greatly appreciated .oh distributor crankshaft position sensor and map sensor are all new.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Your fuel pressure is too low. It is also tested with the key on vehicle off. Do a quick search here and you will find the acceptable specs for fuel pressure range.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Fuel pressure is definitely low. This link will help:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eakdown-88305/

If/when the distributor is moved, removed, replaced, or disturbed in any way, camshaft retard needs to be checked and adjusted if necessary using a capable scan tool.

If when the crankshaft position sensor and or timing cover are moved, removed, replaced, or disturbed in any way, the crankshaft position sensor relearn must be performed using a capable scan tool.

All three of these things could be contributing to or causing your P0300.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Beginning Member
blazer47 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Squatcher
2001 blazer, throwing a p0300 code . My question is what should the fuel pressure be at idle. Mine is 48 psi and drops when you apply throttle. I have replace the spider injectors with new updated version. I read somewhere that these new updated injectors could run at a lower pressure but mine seems a little low. System does not leak down and pressure is around 50 psi with switch on and engine not running. So is it time for a new fuel pump and could this be my p0300 problem. New ac delco wires plugs cap and button. Any help would be greatly appreciated .oh distributor crankshaft position sensor and map sensor are all new.

FP way to low, should be at least 50-55 PSI and when you've got the foot on the gas it's 60 PSI

Old 01-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by blazer47
FP way to low, should be at least 50-55 PSI and when you've got the foot on the gas it's 60 PSI
Obviously you didn't read the link that was posted above.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Beginning Member

So after reading the link Captain Hook left I still have a question. With pressure gauge hooked at test port with key on engine not running I get 48 psi. And it don't leak down. If I dead head the line going in the throttle body I should get around 60 psi. I guess what I am asking is what pressure should the regulator hold with no vacuum on the regulator. (Would 48 psi still be low and should I dead head the line and check it also. Sorry for the dumb question just making sure I am looking at it right. Thanks for all your help

Old 01-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yes 48 is to low

Old 01-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you

Old 01-12-2016, 03:07 PM

All pressure readings are taken with the engine off, (no vacuum applied to the regulator).

If you remove the fuel pressure line from the fuel metering block, and cork the line off: The fuel pressure at the service port must be 73psi to 108psi while the pump is activated. Fuel pressure must remain above 55psi for at least 10 minutes after the pump is deactivated.

NOTE: For obvious safety reasons, this method is NOT recommended due to the high pressure. Use the adapter described in the link.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 01-12-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks Captain Hook I reread your link and it helped alot. I was thinking of doing just what you said. Thanks for all your help I'll keep you posted on my findings.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure ??