Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Engine & Transmission
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member

PFCBarner is on a distinguished road
Question fuel spider ???

I own a 1995 Blazer 4.3 vortec before i left for training for the marine corps i was having problems with fuel delivery the motor was idleing rough starting hard sometimes wouldnt start at all after pulling plugs i found some cylinders had lots of fuel in them squirted me in the eye when cranked over i was told by friend fuel spiders would cause that but he also had alternator checked and and it was bad also it was cranking slow starter also bad so there bein replaced but what causes the excessve fuel in engine any help would be great ill be home in november and will need vehicle asap PLZ help

Puzzled marine
Old 10-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Common problem. The FPR (fuel pressure regulator) in these CPI engines are known for their failures. The FPR is available separately for much cheaper than the whole CPI spider, but if the engine has a lot of miles, it may be a good time to replace the whole thing. The poppet nozzles used in the spider like to gum up causing further drive-ability problems.

If, during the course of your repairs inside the plenum, you remove the CPI spider, you will want to replace the fuel feed & return lines. These lines are commonly referred to as the 'nut kit'.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for the help ill take a look when i get home

also will it be called the nut kit at a parts store on advance autos page they sell the FPR and BWD unit with lines and all .......no poppets sold seperately

Last edited by rriddle3; 10-14-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Advance calls them the fuel line connectors. BWD part # 28430 & Dorman part # 55163.

The FPR is available as a Motormite part # 55162.

They call the spider an "injector" and it is AC Delco part # 217-1431 & BWD part # 57096Z. You should be able to find the AC Delco spider cheaper elsewhere (Amazon & SummitRacing both have the AC Delco spider for a little over $300).
Old 10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member

man im glad someone can give straight answers thanks a million
Old 10-22-2009, 12:09 PM

bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

so did you change your spider injector yet? if so how did it work out?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Beginning Member

no i didnt change it im in missouri training i go home on november 5th and thats when i hope to make it run again ill need it to get to north carolina i will update with results
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1996, 2171431, blazer, change, chevy, cpi, delco, fuel, injector, install, lines, making, problems, spider, spiderblazer