Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

getting cylinder 6 misfire code

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Beginning Member
chevy fan302 is on a distinguished road
Default getting cylinder 6 misfire code

so the other day i replaced the spider to the ac delco updated version and now im getting p0306 code i am wondering has anyone else had anything like this happen btw i just replaced plugs and wires about a month ago

Old 04-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Starting Member
01xtreme_chevy is on a distinguished road

Did you replace the FPR while you were at it? Run a fuel pressure test to see if your getting the correct fuel pressure.

What is the year of your vehicle?

Old 04-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member

its a 2000 and yes the fpr was replaced it came on the unit as i was planning on doing a pressure test today

Old 04-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Beginning Member
sputtle is on a distinguished road

Take it all back apart and clean out that number 6 poppet nozzle. Most likely, you got some gunk in it when you put it back in.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member

ok so i pulled the whole intake manifold off replaced the gasket while at it cleaned the holy hell out of it, put everything back together, first attemp to i got p1345 code pulled distributor out and realigned it code is now gone and have no codes but also have no power, but on the plus side she runs nice and smooth now.

any suggestions as to where to start to get the power back i had before i started

p.s. big thanks to forum so far getting things where im at now and captain hook for his no how in the many other posts i found regarding the p1345

Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Beginning Member
sputtle is on a distinguished road

Did you check your spark plugs? Not just for spark but if they're fouled out. If they were, so much fuel could have passed through the engine that your CAT could be plugged up. And plugs are cheap anyway. If you suspect them at all, just replace them. Then, let the truck idle for at least 20 minutes, preferably when it's dark or in a garage. Then look at your CAT. Anything leaking? Is it red hot? Or excessive heat radiating off of it?

If it's running smooth, I'm assuming all 6 cylinders are firing, especially if there's no code. But that doesn't necessarily rule out a sensor. You could be running too rich or too lean and causing issues.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Beginning Member

Would the cam retard not being set properly cause loss in power plugs don't look fouled and everything is ac Delco, plugs, cap, rotor and updated spider felpro gaskets new manifold bolts. I'm currently working on finding someone with the scan tool for cam retard seems the stealership wants 98.25 to do it

Old 05-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Beginning Member
tulsablazer97 is on a distinguished road

how long did it take you to change out the spider I am getting the same code you are but I was told it might be the MAF sensor but if not im gonna have to tear into that ?? is it difficult ??

Old 05-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Beginning Member

changing the spider is more intimidating than it is difficult. if you have pretty good experience with engines and remembering where everything went after taking it apart its not so bad. and if you do run into any problems doing it the members on here are great for helping and theres good amount of video on youtube that give pretty good detail on the job.

just wondering though have you checked plugs and wires, i believe i was getting the mis cause of carbon that got inside the injector hole when installing the new spider. feel free to pm me i may not be the best but i will do my best to help good luck

Old 05-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Beginning Member
tulsablazer97 is on a distinguished road

yea i have changed plugs wires dist rotor air filter cleaned the MAF sensor im about to pull my hair out lol i have heard to change the maf or check the cat to see if its stopped up

Quick Reply: getting cylinder 6 misfire code