Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

hard to start after i shut it off....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 10:51 PM
John Lavin is on a distinguished road
Default hard to start after i shut it off....

ok guys i recently picked up a 1999 chevy blazer ls 4.3 4x4 and it will start up and run fine for however long i leave it run BUT when i decide to shut it off and she is warm it does not want to start until it cools off for a few minutes...i have gone over the little things like checking lines and connections which all seem fine besides the minor fact they had one line plugged off with a glass fuse....lol

the blazer runs fine when it is started she idles smooth goes through the gears fine but for the life of me i cannot figure out the issue

i have checked the fuel pump which sounds a little louder than a normal pump (i also have a 2003 dodge dakota which is as quiet as can be)

the coil has been replaced by the PO it used to cut off after getting warm but we fixed that issue it was caused by a loose connection which we plugged the connector in right and it fixed that issue

things i know i need to do are a fuel pressure test (uncle is bringing in a tester)

it has spark

seems to get fuel to the rail

PLEASE HELP A NOOB HERE

Old 10-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely look at the fuel pressure test as well as leak down. It may be leaking fuel into the engine causing a very rich condition.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:57 PM

sorry for the long reply...after checking fuel pressure she was at 60 psi when cold but once she warmed up (10-20 minutes) the pressure quickly dropped to 20 psi and never regained until it cooled off and after pulling the tank we found a clogged sock on the end of the pump and after ordering a new pump we took the old one apart to check the inside filter and found it to be about as bad...so fuel pump it is

Old 10-19-2016, 12:37 AM

also unrelated to the post above i had a code pop up p1351 after cranking on it trying to start it is this common?

and the gauge cluster seems to have a short it goes off unless you push on the middle of it near the top where the connector is i want to assume it is a connector but if not can i swap a junkyard cluster in with no problems as to the miles and all?