Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Has anyone ever used Lucas Deep Clean?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:40 AM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone ever used Lucas Deep Clean?

Hey everyone. Has anyone ever used Lucas Deep Clean Fuel system cleaner (I only found it at Advance Auto. Not at Walmart)? Does it really clean out the fuel system like it says it does? Or does it have a great chance at causing problems? Would it decrease the chance of the spider failing down the road (no problems, no codes. Just wondering if I can prevent a problem in the future to save money and aggravation.). I currently use the normal Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant (I buy it by the large bottle and refill 2 small Lucas bottles because it is $6 for a small bottle and $10-11 for a big bottle and one big bottle is worth about 5 or 6 small bottles meaning 5 or 6 fill ups.) and I don't really notice a difference in power or gas mileage. I only use it once every few weeks/tanks because I was told that it can gum up the fuel system if I use too much of it and cause problems. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Not sure on the lucas fuel cleaner. I normally toss a whole bottle of seafoam in the tank when I wanna clean the fuel lines and stuff. I have used lucas octane booster.. didn't see too much of a difference though. Like I said though, best results I've gotten is with seafoam. I've used it in my gas, oil and intake and liked the results.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
**Michele** is on a distinguished road

I have used Lucas transmission fix. That works wonders. Same company, don't know if it would be the same quality tho.