Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Help with Vortec

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Guilherme Isidoro is on a distinguished road
Default Help with Vortec

I'm from Brazil and I'm having some problems with my 1999 Blazer (brazillian) It is the same engine from the american, the Vortec V6 4.3 the problem is that when I need to stop at traffic lights or for other reason, the engine keeps accelerated even with my feet out of the accelerator, here is very hard to find a good mechanical, I have already taken the car to hundreds of workshops and no one solved my problem, so I'm trying to solve the problem myself with your help if possible.
I saw on old topics that some of you liked the 2010 blazer taillights I'm gonna give you some tips, to import them. You gonna need some contact here, don't trust on internet sellers most of them sells made in china parts, they are really bad and get frosted with 1-2 years use, and start to save some money, they are really expensive
Sorry if my english is bad, but that's my only option

Old 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
J@ybird is on a distinguished road

There is a link ,I will try to find it and reply back.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are very few parts in the throttle assembly from the pedal inside the truck to the throttle body on the engine. A thorough inspection of those parts should give you an idea of which one is causing the problem.

Disconnect the throttle cable from the throttle body and move it through its entire range of motion. If there are any rough spots, then there is a problem. It should be completely smooth along its full travel. If a quick lubrication of the throttle cable does not solve the problem, then you may have to replace it.

The throttle shaft itself should be spring loaded and return to fully closed by itself. If it does not, then there is either too much carbon built up in the throttle body, restricting motion, or the return spring is broken.

Removing and cleaning the throttle body wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, inspect the throttle pedal assembly for any signs of damage/wear as well as any foreign materials that might hinder it's ability to return completely (i.e. floor mat, carpet, etc).

Old 05-02-2014, 11:51 AM
slipk_ticket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Same issue here

Hi greeting to all. And nice to sse that i am not the only latin american in this forum. I have had the same issue but it does not always happens. I am from Colombia and also as our friend in Brazil is very difficult to find somehow who really knows about this trucks.

I have been lucky since i found a electrician who really know this trucks(BTW he owns one) and 100% of the Blazers that are still alive here goes through his hands.

Anyhow my Idle is about 1000 RPM without A/C with it is about 1200RPM and it is really difficult to hold it at the stop lights, in fact i can cruise at 60MPH in the highway without even touching the gas pedal. Also if i crank my truck cold or fully hot to operation temp sitted in park if i hit the gas for example until 2000RPM it stays there it does not come down.

On the other hand if i just crank it and leave it there it slowly start to rise up until whatever but not over 2000RPM.

I have change the IAC, TPS, TB Cleaned, tried the blade manually fully open to see if its stuck but no eveything oK, no problems with the cable either, Vacuum lines checked then replaced and recheck again. Also with my electrician using a scanner i checked for the TPS signal and IAC Everything about normal.

So what else can i do? I do notice that my throttle cable is a bit loose i mean it is like if i had pull so hard that it got longer(i think this is the best way i can explain it).

So what else can i do? I am out of ideas. Maybe a diagram where i can see the vaccum lines so maybe i missed one.

PD: I removed my 4x4 CV Joints and transfer case so all of it of course i did used a plug to seal the vaccum line actuator of the 4x4.

Thanks and greetings from COlombia.

Swartlkk i have read many of your posts they are really helpful.