Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

How can you get transfer codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 01:30 PM
rich27 is on a distinguished road
Default How can you get transfer codes

Hi all, I have a 99 LS blazer its right hand drive Japanese import I live in New Zealand.
I have been having trouble with the 4x4 got the service light on and no lights are on the switch. If you turn the key on and off a few times all the lights will come on on the switch.
Is there any other way to get the codes from the tccm other than the data link plug? I have had a look at my data link plug and there is no wire in pin 13 so would like to know if you can get the codes by taping into the wires straight from the tccm, if so which wire do I use?
thanks

Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the 4-button Auto4wd transfer case (NV236), then the only way to pull the codes is with a capable, full feature scan tool. The cheap tools that most autoparts stores have will not be able to connect to the TCCM to retrieve the codes.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If you have the 4-button Auto4wd transfer case (NV236), then the only way to pull the codes is with a capable, full feature scan tool. The cheap tools that most autoparts stores have will not be able to connect to the TCCM to retrieve the codes.
Yip I have the 4 button Auto4wd transfer case .
I have replaced the 4 button switch but still getting the same problem.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Retrieving the stored codes will help to reduce the time and expense of fixing the problem with your 4wd system. The fact that the 'Service 4wd' message appears on the dash means that there is a stored code. You will most likely have to find a shop that has a GM Tech 2 or equivalent scan tool.

You can find quite a bit of information on the NV236 transfer case and its controls by searching the forum. There are a few good threads in the Tech Article (DIY) section.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Retrieving the stored codes will help to reduce the time and expense of fixing the problem with your 4wd system. The fact that the 'Service 4wd' message appears on the dash means that there is a stored code. You will most likely have to find a shop that has a GM Tech 2 or equivalent scan tool.

You can find quite a bit of information on the NV236 transfer case and its controls by searching the forum. There are a few good threads in the Tech Article (DIY) section.
Ok thank you. I hope I can find someone here in NZ that can scan it for me.