Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

location of the egr valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Beginning Member
Kyle Wood is on a distinguished road
Default location of the egr valve

I'm at it again my blazer was running fine, till my check engine light came on. Sounds crapier and gas is being sucked down. Anyway I was told to try and clean it. Does any one have a picture of where it is or can find one, and what should I use to clean it? My uncle told me brake fluid but I dunno. Any help :]

Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Starting Member
jbsnowboarder16 is on a distinguished road

The EGR valve is located on the front of the engine and looks similar to this: http://www.autosparepartsmart.com/im...deville0_b.gif

You'll have to get a new gasket to go with it, try to get one with a scree. I used carp cleaner and a small wire brush when I cleaned mine up

Old 03-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member
Kyle Wood is on a distinguished road

Is there any way you think I can just clean it and not get the gasket?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Beginning Member
Druidic is on a distinguished road

You could, but that is asking for problems later down the road. I would highly suggest replacing the gasket while you are at it.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Did you have it read for codes?

Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Starting Member
Chic_Bowdrie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Kyle Wood
I'm at it again my blazer was running fine, till my check engine light came on. . . . .
Kyle, what was the cel code?

Gents and ladies, is replacement or cleaning of EGR and PVC valves required after so many miles or just when needed?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM
elfqueen is on a distinguished road
Default About the EGR

Hi Kyle,
I'm replacing the spider on my 95 Blazer this weekend, and I plan to clean the EGR valve while I'm at it. I'll try and take a pic of where it is and post it. Everything I have read suggests that getting the gasket with the screen is the way to go. I ordered a Chilton repair manual for my truck from Rock Auto online and it's been very helpful. Lots of pictures and step by step instructions.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
elfqueen is on a distinguished road
Default EGR valve location

Sorry it took so long to reply. Here is a pic with the location of the EGR valve. It's the cylinder at the front of the pic. If you replace it, I recommend getting a a new gasket with the screen in it. I was having the same symptoms and I had to replace the entire CPI and nut kit. Mine is running much better, but I still get a bit of rough idle at times.

Attached Thumbnails location of the egr valve-blazer-egr-valve.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
joshn444 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know how much it is to take it to a mechanic and have them just replace it?

Old 12-22-2023, 02:40 PM
Blazer03chevy is on a distinguished road
Default Can't find it.

Originally Posted by elfqueen
Sorry it took so long to reply. Here is a pic with the location of the EGR valve. It's the cylinder at the front of the pic. If you replace it, I recommend getting a a new gasket with the screen in it. I was having the same symptoms and I had to replace the entire CPI and nut kit. Mine is running much better, but I still get a bit of rough idle at times.
can't find it

I looked at the front and it's not there. When I look up where its at everyone esle has it there but I dont... I'm just confused.. my truck has a rough start. Then when I put it in gear it dies. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, rebuilt transmission, new starter, new battery.... I'm out of options so now I'm trying the egr vaulve but I CANT FIND IT!

Quick Reply: location of the egr valve