Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Stalling at operating temp

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 AM
blueblazer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stalling at operating temp

I posted this on the "chevyforum" then found the "blazerforum". Bought a 2000 blazer a few months ago. Ran ok at first. I’ve had intermittent starting/stalling problems. Seems to stall after it warms up. Then won’t start, or starts but barely idles, or starts and revs at about 3000rpm, then dies. If I let it sit a few minutes it starts, but then dies after a minute. The longer I let it sit (cool) the longer it runs. I get codes U1026, U1041 and U1064. Replace the fuel filter. Hate to admit it, but I knew I got suckered when I remove the instrument cluster and found the Check Engine Light un-soldered from the PC board. I soldered in a new one. Not sure if it is working though. The light does not come on when I turn the key to the on position. Which is the reason I removed the cluster. One last thing, the previous owner replaced the steering wheel lock/key. Any idea why it stalls like I described?

Iknow thecodes are communication problems, and could be due to grounding issues. Could these codescause the engine to stall.

Canthe ignition control module work intermittantly and be effected by heat or does it just fail and not work anymore.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stalling at operating temp

Lets start with the codes:
U1026 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with ATC
U1041 - Loss of EBCM Communication
U1064 - Loss of Communication with BCM

Here is the trouble chart for a loss of communication code(s):
U1xxx (Loss of Communication) Explained

I'll see if I can dig up the wiring diagrams from each to see if there is anything in common between these three systems.

*EDIT*

THIS THREAD has the power and grounding for the EBCM.

Here are the three different power/ground schematics for the ATC:
AWD (NP4 - 1 speed automatic):

Auto4wd (2 speed automatic):

Selectable 4wd (2 speed selectable):

I cannot find a schematic for the BCM to be able to determine what, if anything may be in common...