Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

In Memory of THE BEAST

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:14 PM
firewild is on a distinguished road
Default In Memory of THE BEAST

Ok...so this has been the most enjoyable experience with any of my vehicles....UPDATE:

SERIOUS FUN and well discovering that I made a good choice in owning a Chevy! and no doubt that the Blazer will be my 4x4 of all time!

So after some new hardware and good rest, I am back at it, this time the 97 2 Door has my love...and the FrankenBeast shall be built with the heart and soul transplanted from the 98... please if your faint at heart DON'T look at the pictures...but if you know what it means to be a true ride or die go hard or go home no fear warrior...take a look at my last venture, the unfortunate thing is this one wasn't planned, not out off roading..but sometimes that is just how it goes...

BEAST was my best work yet, I hope to build a better one with FrankenBeast

SO after 2 short weeks I couldn't sit around without a new ride, found a 97 and well after dismantling the remains of my pride and joy I am now transplanting any and all useable parts to the new Monster.... ofc this one has much needed work.

As I am still learning the 2nd generation specs I have a few questions, which may just have to be answered by attempt to fit...the 97 is extremely similar to the 98, but I haven't found any answers as to whether or not the parts interchange. As you can see from the pictures I was able to save most of the front end assembly and the rear end assembly...and I like the headlight assembly better on the 98 than the 97, more streamlined and the bulbs are better...but will the radiator support fit?

I will be changing this out sometime this next week, maybe, still a little physically worn out as I only had about 3 days of physical solid rest since this event, I am just mad that I can't remember it....concussion knocked me the Fu$k out...and yes I was crushed, sometimes it is benefitial to be as skinny as a twig though, this was that case! And thank God I am physically in shape, because hospitals, laying around and feeling sorry for myself just ain't my thing... like I said...within a two weeks I was already working on building a new BEAST!

Ok, I guess I just had to throw out bragging rights, see what I lived through, I don't care if this sours up any negative feelings...it's not your life!

I can be proud of my ....adventures... hey if your not making mistakes your not learning and if your not learning your not living!

Never felt more alive in my life!

Oh I will post pictures of FrankenBeast as the Monster comes together, also if anyone here knows a good insurance company that insures aftermarket modifications to a later model vehicle...please let me know...

Receipts and pictures ...and all I keep running into (lol, here it is, other than poles, you say?) is insurance companies telling me that due to the age only kbb would be reimbursed, and not likely for the age of my horse...what!!! THERE has to be an insurance company, classic cars get coverage all the time!

Thanks,

FireWild!

Attached Thumbnails In Memory of THE BEAST-img_20140508_143441.jpg   In Memory of THE BEAST-img_20140508_143449.jpg   In Memory of THE BEAST-img_20140508_143415.jpg   In Memory of THE BEAST-img_20140508_143421.jpg  
Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Beginning Member
iian is on a distinguished road

Holy Jesus "Hector" Christ! Glad you're okay.