Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

My lifters are tapping!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Banned
groundhogman is on a distinguished road
Exclamation My lifters are tapping!!!!!

i have a 2000 blazer 4x4 2 door 4.3L, i just bought this truck about 2 months ago and it has a nw reman jasper engine in it, it was put in the truck 3 days before i bought it, i heard the lifter tapping on the passenger side so i took down the motor and replaced all the lifters on just that side, found 1 lifter that was stuck, thinking i didnt need to replace all which now i wished i had cause now the drivers side has a noisy lifter in it too, what the heck are they doing over there nowadays over at JASPER???anyways im gonna replace those also, but the passenger side quitened down considerably but not completely, soooooo.....should i replace ALL the pushrods and ROCKERS along with the new lifters also to try to tighten up the tolerances???cause i know you cant adjust anything!!!!

Last edited by groundhogman; 06-13-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im not too good at reading minds so putting some vehicle info in your post might be helpful....

Old 06-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned

sorry i got a 2000 blazer 4x4 2 door 4.3L, i added the truck info on the my first thread

Last edited by groundhogman; 06-13-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My first question would be why you are doing all of this work. Jasper engines come with a warranty period. It should be their bill to fix the problem.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned
Smile

because i dont know who the owner of the truck was that put the engine in, i have no warranty paperwork from jasper on the engine, i know its new just like they said cause ive seen the inside of the cylinder bores and the cross hatching look BRAND NEW and the heads are new also with new valve springs and seals. but the rockers, pushrods, and lifters is what is my concern, they must have put used ones back in thinking they were within spec.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought to call Jasper with the information from the block? There should be a serial number decal on the block somewhere

Old 06-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Banned

oh ok thats right!!!!! thanks guys!!!!i never thought of that!!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned

ok i dont have any paperwork for the engine so do i just call them with the engine serial numbers and they take it from there? or will they need some kind of receipt from the purchaser of the engine?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator

They should have information on the serial number from the engine. "Should"...

Old 06-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Beginning Member
Dymisamo is on a distinguished road

not sure if this counts as off topic but is a broken/stuck lifter a major problem? and does it cause a ticking sound? louder when the engine is colder.

Quick Reply: My lifters are tapping!!!!!