Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

New Blazer Owner: Shuddering Issue at Highway Speeds

Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Starting Member
simplyjessi is on a distinguished road
Default New Blazer Owner: Shuddering Issue at Highway Speeds

Hi all,

I got my 2000 Blazer a few weeks ago. Its the 4.3 5-speed 4x4. We had the fuel pumped replaced (original issue) and then when we got it we put a new fuel filter in it (which *seemed* to help in the beginning .. but read on).

This doesn't happen EVERYDAY and doesn't seem to be weather specific. Although it has been 40s and below here in Ohio. When I'm driving once in awhile I'll notice its surging, its highly noticeable on interstate speeds. It almost always seems to be occurring once I get close to 2k RPMS or over. It starts to act really jumpy, like its kicking and hesitating. I don't really lose speed or anything, its just bucking along. Sometimes it'll work itself out, and the 2nd half of my trip it won't be bad. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all. And sometimes it does it the entire time (even in lower speeds).

I'm not sure about its tune-up status, but I'm working on getting the Distributor cap, spark plugs and wires replaced this coming week.

I'm *hoping* the tune-up will cure this, but didn't know if you guys had any other ideas that I should check out.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Beginning Member
benjamin tate is on a distinguished road

same on mine once it was the transfer case trying to shift to low so make sure the case is working right just go through the buttons make sure they all switch to the right mode. If no light look at the module by the passenger kicker panel water seems to be a issue. Also check your timing and all the tune up stuff like you stated before.