Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

New twist on a "No Start"

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 08:41 PM
UsedtoBe is on a distinguished road
Default New twist on a "No Start"

I have a 2000 Blazer that will not stay running. the truck will start and run for 1 min then die. The fuel pump circuit seems to be shut down similar to a "passlock" fault, however the security light is functioning as it should. The fuel pump relay will not come on however if I jump the fuel pump relay the truck will run until I remove the jumper. Any thoughts AND GO...

Old 06-11-2016, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

did you try a new relay?

Old 06-12-2016, 06:46 AM

Yep, I swapped with the relay out of my P/U which runs fine. I am not getting power to pull the relay in. by "jumping" I pulled the relay out and and put power directly to the pump. After reading some more on the PassLock, I think I will try the resistor bypass and see if that takes care of it. while it is not showing all symptoms, it definitely is disabling the pump circuit.

I should add that it is temporary, after sitting a bit ( I have not timed it) it will start and run again for a minute or so then the pump shuts down again.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Does it have a remote start unit?

Old 06-12-2016, 10:21 AM

Nope, one of the few things it does not have.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:57 PM

I know this is an old post but I thought I should give an update, may save some others lots of time, money and frustration! I fought with this for several months, some days ran fine some days fine to work and then no start to go home. lots of sitting and hour and then it starts and runs fine. long story short: if you are having an intermittent no start and nothing else has worked. check the connections under the PDM! you will have to unbolt and flip it over and remove the plugs from the back. I found the connector going to the pump was badly burned and loosing connection. installed new connectors and it has been gold ever since

Old 12-14-2017, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by UsedtoBe
I know this is an old post but I thought I should give an update, may save some others lots of time, money and frustration! I fought with this for several months, some days ran fine some days fine to work and then no start to go home. lots of sitting and hour and then it starts and runs fine. long story short: if you are having an intermittent no start and nothing else has worked. check the connections under the PDM! you will have to unbolt and flip it over and remove the plugs from the back. I found the connector going to the pump was badly burned and loosing connection. installed new connectors and it has been gold ever since
I always try to take it upon myself to thank people who follow up because I have so very much benefited from when they do. So THANKS!!

And congrats on figuring it out. But what is a PDM and where is it located?

Old 12-16-2017, 03:25 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

PDM (power distribution module) is the under hood fuse box. Nice find UsedtoBe and thanks for the update.