Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

No acceleration or power.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member
Soldat251 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No acceleration or power.

My Blazer today was giving me super sluggish throttle response today when I pushed down on the accelerator. It was surging and lagging with power when I was trying to speed up and generally just behaving terribly. I noticed a week or so ago that exhaust appeared to be leaking out under my car through a seal or something in addition to my tailpipe. Could that be the cause of this? If not, what?

I also have had pretty bad fuel economy which I have been putting off to winter mix fuel and the bad weather we have had, but now I'm not so sure.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Beginning Member
Tenagator is on a distinguished road

Is it a factory fuel pump? My jimmy reacted that way when the pump was going, wasn't producing the right pressure, eventually it quit.
Does it sound normal? Mine got pretty loud on its last days, almost growling at me when I would turn the key.
Just somewhere to start looking into for now

Old 12-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Tenagator
Is it a factory fuel pump? My jimmy reacted that way when the pump was going, wasn't producing the right pressure, eventually it quit.
Does it sound normal? Mine got pretty loud on its last days, almost growling at me when I would turn the key.
Just somewhere to start looking into for now
Its not factory, my fuel pump crapped out on me about a year and a half ago so it is a new aftermarket one. It better not be the fuel pump, I'll be pissed it it is dead already.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:27 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Soldat251
Its not factory, my fuel pump crapped out on me about a year and a half ago so it is a new aftermarket one. It better not be the fuel pump, I'll be pissed it it is dead already.
What brand? According to what I have read here, if it's not delphi or delco, they won't last. So it's possible it could be the pump again. Have you checked the fuel pressure yet?

Old 12-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by cleburne red
What brand? According to what I have read here, if it's not delphi or delco, they won't last. So it's possible it could be the pump again. Have you checked the fuel pressure yet?
Honestly I don't even remember. Maybe I will check and see if autozone or pepboys has a record of what I got from them. I am going to check the fuel pressure just as soon as I can borrow my buddy's gauge or pick one up from my local store.

Out of curiosity do you think it could is be a bad fuel pressure regulator or a leak in the intake manifold? The symptoms are touch a go, not constant.