Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

P0305 at highway speeds (with data)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerHeadaches is on a distinguished road
Default P0305 at highway speeds (with data)

Hey guys...again lol since this doesn't pertain to my other thread I started a new one if this isn't right moderators feel free to point me in the right direction. Long post!
Cursing down highway at 75 and threw p0305. Freeze frame data.
Trouble code p0305
ABSLT TPS 23.9
Eng speed RPM 2405
Calc load % 21.2
MAF 5.65
Map 19.2
Coolant 194 F
St ftrm1 0.8
Lt ftrm1 8.6
St ftrm2 3.6
Lt ftrm2 11.7
Vehicle speed 75 mph
Fuel system 1and2 closed.
If anyone wants to clue me in I would greatly appreciate it thanks a lot
Shane

Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Beginning Member

Does anyone see a problem with the data ?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlazerHeadaches
Give it at least a day or two...some of the more experienced Members that can help may not have been on here since just before your first post.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlazerHeadaches
Nothing too out of sorts...other than possibly the slightly elevated bank 2 trims. This data isn't really enough to give you clear direction into determining the true cause of your P0305 code though, if that is what you were asking...

Old 03-24-2014, 04:43 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Nothing too out of sorts...other than possibly the slightly elevated bank 2 trims. This data isn't really enough to give you clear direction into determining the true cause of your P0305 code though, if that is what you were asking...
With that said, at least you are being told exactly cylinder is misfiring. Most from what I've seen end up with P0300 and have to hunt around even more.

There could be one of several reasons for the misfire. Secondary ignition, fuel injector faulty oxygen sensor, etc. I would probably clear the code and see if it returns. Save the Freeze Frame data you have now to compare if the code should return.

One of the first things I would consider if it returns is the secondary ignition system. How long have the plugs, wires, rotor and cap been on the truck? Are they AC Delco?

This link will take you to the trouble shooting procedures https://blazerforum.com/forum/diagno...4-5-6-a-35153/ . It's for all the P030? codes. At least yours is narrowed to #5.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should mention the things I have done. Cap rotor wires plugs(delco) cleaned EGR and MAF. New ignition control module. Battery alternator belt tensioner idler pulley and belt. Sea foam treatment through throttle body. Two Lucas fuel treatments. Compression test 190 195 all six cylinders. Fuel pressure test KOEO 61 after 15 min 60. Replaced clogged cat and resonator with OEM cat and flowmaster super 10 series. Oil change air filter change. Dropped tranny pan put on new gasket and fluid with Lucas trans fix. Before all this was done I was getting p0300 and sometimes p0305. Still at highway speeds or uphill. This was only intermittent and disappeared after work was done until now. Thanks guys
Shane

Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Beginning Member

Update: happened again today same speed same code. Noticed it went into OD then out and started the missfire. Slowed down to 65 still not running right then after a few miles it smoothed out and went back into OD and ran fine rest of time. I'm about to sell this piece of pooh , but I can't I love her! It's a love hate relationship
Shane

Old 03-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Beginning Member

Swarlkk you mentioned my bank 2 trims are elevated it seems that all my trims were elevated but not by much. Doesn't this mean a lean condition? Is it safe to say this is fuel related? What should my next step be? Thanks for all the help!
Shane

Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Beginning Member

Well I'm totally lost. Checked and rechecked cap rotor plugs and wires installed new fuel filter. Still having same problem but it didn't throw any codes. Got on highway and seemed fine went to pass It came out of OD started to bog down then smoothed out but never went back into OD. Slowed down to get off went into OD and now seems to be running fine. Wth is going on? Is there anyway to tell if it's electrical or mechanical? Timing problem? I really don't want to take it to dealer!!! SWARTLKK help me !!! Lol
Thanks

Old 03-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Beginning Member

Well I guess I have no choice but to take it to the dealer (FML) I'll post results if they find anything
Shane

Quick Reply: P0305 at highway speeds (with data)