Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

P1345 Code: motor stutters after after 40 mph

Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Daniel Wood is on a distinguished road
Red face P1345 Code: motor stutters after after 40 mph

Hey y'all, I just got my blazer up and running again. Had to replace my HVAC hose. Now when I hit 30 mph it revs up like it do t want to shift. But if I take my foot off the gas pedal and reapply it shifts fine. Once it reaches 40-45 mph it begins to stutter. I ran a code reader and it comes up with the following code. I can't find anything about it in my Haynes book, any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails P1345 Code: motor stutters after after 40 mph-image.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 12:22 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Daniel Wood
Hey y'all, I just got my blazer up and running again. Had to replace my HVAC hose. Now when I hit 30 mph it revs up like it do t want to shift. But if I take my foot off the gas pedal and reapply it shifts fine. Once it reaches 40-45 mph it begins to stutter. I ran a code reader and it comes up with the following code. I can't find anything about it in my Haynes book, any help would be appreciated.
Was the distributor out recently??? Usually this code will pop up if the dist was installed 1 tooth off....

Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi
Was the distributor out recently??? Usually this code will pop up if the dist was installed 1 tooth off....
^^^That is correct. At least one tooth off if you removed the distributor. But overall the code means the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) and the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) are not synchronized. So your spark is not firing at the correct cylinder at the correct time. That's why you're getting the stutter. If you have not removed the distributor (or loosened the bolt because that will also put the CMP out of whack) then some other causes could be:

Loose or missing hold-down bolt for the distributor; broken wires or rubbed through insulation...take a look at the plug at the base of the distributor. It is very close to the firewall, so the wires could be damaged. Excessive play i the timing chain could also cause the issue.

In your shoes I would try to locate and fix the problem myself...but then you have to have the camshaft retard set and a crankshaft relearn done. These can only be done with a capable scan tool. The ones you get at the auto parts store can't do it. Unless you got a buddy with the right scan tool and the knowledge to use it correctly, your going to have to go to a shop or the dealer to have it done.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Daniel Wood is on a distinguished road

Alright. I appreciate the help gentlemen. I got the timing issue taken care of, not I'm back to the issue of my rig not shifting again. I drive down the road and when it hits 35 mph it just revs up. It won't shift.... Any advice on how to correct it or what to look at?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Daniel Wood
Alright. I appreciate the help gentlemen. I got the timing issue taken care of, not I'm back to the issue of my rig not shifting again. I drive down the road and when it hits 35 mph it just revs up. It won't shift.... Any advice on how to correct it or what to look at?
There was a sticky somewhere on the forum for common problems with the 4l60e.....sounds to me though u need a new trans!? Luckily for u they can be had for 600-700 exchange rebuilt that is, as long as u can install yourself?

Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi
There was a sticky somewhere on the forum for common problems with the 4l60e.....sounds to me though u need a new trans!? Luckily for u they can be had for 600-700 exchange rebuilt that is, as long as u can install yourself?
https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...ilation-37689/