Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 05:07 PM
knock93 is on a distinguished road
Default Please help!!!

Okay, I posted on here once before and received little help. If anybody has any ideas or guesses or any kind of help on this I would GREATLY appreciate it. Sooo heres the issue. I Just bought an 87 k5 blazer about a week ago. When I was driving home, I was going down the road at about 50 to 55mph about a half hour into the drive then all of a sudden it was like somebody put it in neutral. It didn't make any clunking noise no tapping noise nothing at all. When I put it in park it made a grinding noise so my guess is its not the tranny because it was still turning. Right? Anyway I called a tow truck and when I got it home I tried it again just out of curiosity and she drove around like nothing ever happened. Last post I made, a guy said he had the same problem in a van and got an aftermarket transmission cooler and it fixed the problem. Does this sound like that could be the issue? Also the fluid is fine. Correct level and good color. Like I said before ANY insight on this will be GREATLY helpful and very much appreciated. Thanks in advance! -Kyle.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Thread Closed - Double Post* Please keep to one thread per topic. If you have new information to post (ex. what you have tried on your own or results of things suggested already), please do so in the original thread on this topic.