Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Plenum Torque specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:53 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zccraig
Just want to thank posters for pics and info... I replaced Fuel pressure regulator and surging stopped, motor runs great! The previous owner had spent 10 years chasing the problem of shuddering (I changed rear u- joint) / surging and shaking - cause of missfire was gas spewing out of regulator n causing fouled plugs on passenger side
just curious, did you replace just the regulator or the entire injector and regulator as a unit?

Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road

I replaced the injector/regulator as a whole unit. I think I paid like $130 or so for the part before shipping. That's a guess though. I paid for it well over a year ago. I changed the CPI way back in December of '08 on that. That's when I got it and I couldn't drive it until the CPI was swapped.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:31 PM
zccraig is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bigdaddykane93
just curious, did you replace just the regulator or the entire injector and regulator as a unit?
just the regulator... someone posted that theirs dribbled gas - mine was spitting gas out of the end when fuel pump primed and spewing tons while engine running... The regulator was hard to find (in Canada?...) Can tire and NAPA did not stock it so Lordco was the ticket the regulator and plenum gasket ran me $65 -70 tax included and a cpi would have cost $250 - 650 before tax so i inspected for leaks before buying part. runs GREAT now! had it in for a complimentary Crappy tire oil change (had to show the mech. where the oil filter was ...and he forgot to reconnect a sensor after) I was about to get rid of the car rather than chase the surging problem. The previous owner had been chasing the shudder prob since he bought it in 2000 (it was the rear u-joint), but i have a feeling that may have been caused by the ride as the fuel leak caused a miss after fouling a plug (center on pass side) with gassy oil, so it was missing/ shuddering as well as surging good luck Jimmy/ blazer owners! PS my G/F's 99 blazer just had her fuel pump go again, barely under the 1yr warranty by 2 weeks and garage says intake manifold gasket need doing...$$$https://blazerforum.com/forum/images...s/icon_doh.gif i also need to do my heater core , I may spend the $ to get someone else to do that tho,... pain in the @ss...